ATV Green LED's and or strobes?

MHPD2215

May 23, 2010
Minnesota
I just bought a John Deere Buck ATV for plowing and just having fun. I have the urge to put either Hide-a-way LED or corner strobes in the dual headlights and dual taillights. I also think that I should put some green and/or amber LED's on the body of the machine (again- more for fun and cool looks than actual function)..... any suggestions on what lights would go good with an ATV? It will be stored indoors, but clearly will be subjected to wet weather occasionally..... Any suggestions would be appreciated--- looking for cost effective ideas so I don't end up divorced.

May 22, 2010
Central WV
I would do it all LED for power draw and because of not having to have a strobe powersupply.

You could do Universal Undercovers in the headlights and brakelights, then LED3s on the side and front if you wantes more lighting. To save some money you could do a HLF for the front and put a pair of LED3s in the grill and to the rear mount some LED3s around the brake light area in place of the Universal Undercovers. That would save you over $40 a pair of Universal Undercovers. Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any questions or if you want a quote on anything.

Abacus

May 24, 2010
Sydney Australia
ATVs tend to wreck strobe tubes from my own experience. LEDs are the way to go and the low power drain gives you more blinky blink ability.

As I am licensed to use the atv on our public road, for safety I always ride with the lights on full beam so I wouldnt do a HLF.

MHPD2215

May 23, 2010
Minnesota
Apparently I have been spending too much time in my "vintage / collectible" section..... I've never even heard of "Pimp Pods." Where do you buy them? I can find videos of them on Youtube, but can't actually find a website for them. Doesn't look like they make green ones anyways.

The Buck ATV was made by Bombardier- my understanding is that they are pretty much the same machine, different graphics. It does NOT have sealed beam headlights and the headlights and taillights are both spacious enough to fit a strobe tube or LED head into. I am going to avoid the strobes for all of the reasons listed above--- power drain, power supply, etc.

I like the look of the Sho-me kit, but I won't be putting a siren on (hadn't planned on it anyways) and want a few more than 4 light heads... I'm thinking 4 to the front (2 green, 2 amber), 4 to the rear (2 green, 2 amber) and 4 to the sides (2 green, 2 amber).... plus a headlight flasher (I already have a few sitting in the garage, might as well use them). If I can find a green/amber split for the front, rear and sides then I would only need 2 each instead of 4. Anyone know if any of the aforementioned companies make a green/amber split? As I just typed out that I would like 12 lightheads, I realize how insanely expensive that would be for a fun ATV.

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
I sell Tomar they make the Rect14 in Green/Amber split for a good price. shoot me a pm or email mendylitz@hotmail.com for a price. They are made in the USA and are very bright. I just did a ATV with all Tomar LED's it came out very nice and bright.

MHPD2215

May 23, 2010
Minnesota
NPS Ranger said:
Hmm, I can see the threat I made to myself a few years ago to put a HLF on my John Deere tractor, has resurfaced. :cool:

I should be embarrassed to tell you this- but if anyone will understand, it's people on this board. I have a John Deere garden tractor with the Snowblower attachment. I could never see with the stock headlights on the tractor, so I added some heavy duty work lights on the top of the blower.... well, this year, I looked around my garage and realized that I had a few HLF's just sitting around, so I put one in the tractor and replaced the 1156 bulbs with some 1157A's. So now, I have the heavy duty work lights and some randomly alternating amber headlights. I think it would be WAY cooler on my new, used ATV though.

Shawn L

May 21, 2010
Corbett, Oregon
thats even worse than the guys at the station betting me I wouldnt put lights on the Geo Metro I was driving, needless to say, I won the bet, and it was actually very bright I got lots of compliments on the rear haw strobes, the geo's taillights were about the same size as a whelen 600 head, and I was using a Tomar power supply set on Pursuit mode. they were bright

the install only lasted a few months, as I got tired of the Geo in a hurry, but it had the 4 haws to the rear and 4 to the front, and a pair of DLX3 leds in the upper corners of the rear hatch.

My current mileage mobile is a 1997 Chevy Cavalier, I haven't gotten the urge to actually mount anything in it, but I do have a dual dash king for the rear deck, and a strobe flat lighter for the sunvisor. I just plug them into the cig lighter if needed.

HFD eng1ine

Jul 27, 2010
Essex County. MA
MHPD2215 said:
Apparently I have been spending too much time in my "vintage / collectible" section..... I've never even heard of "Pimp Pods." Where do you buy them? I can find videos of them on Youtube, but can't actually find a website for them. Doesn't look like they make green ones anyways.

The Buck ATV was made by Bombardier- my understanding is that they are pretty much the same machine, different graphics. It does NOT have sealed beam headlights and the headlights and taillights are both spacious enough to fit a strobe tube or LED head into. I am going to avoid the strobes for all of the reasons listed above--- power drain, power supply, etc.

I like the look of the Sho-me kit, but I won't be putting a siren on (hadn't planned on it anyways) and want a few more than 4 light heads... I'm thinking 4 to the front (2 green, 2 amber), 4 to the rear (2 green, 2 amber) and 4 to the sides (2 green, 2 amber).... plus a headlight flasher (I already have a few sitting in the garage, might as well use them). If I can find a green/amber split for the front, rear and sides then I would only need 2 each instead of 4. Anyone know if any of the aforementioned companies make a green/amber split? As I just typed out that I would like 12 lightheads, I realize how insanely expensive that would be for a fun ATV.

arklamisslight.com or just ask around here becasue there are many dealers on here. These are awesome lights for oyur application.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htamboli

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.