Awesome National Park Service Slicktop PI Sedan

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
It's got light in all the right places, good patterns, good equipment choices, overall just a badass install.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hoff

Aug 2, 2011
SW Ohio/US
Where is this?

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
I honestly can't complain about anything...big, solid color grill lights, plenty of intersection & rear warning, & no split crap.

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
Seems there is a little much going on in the rear, over all, a nice package.

TACKLEBERRY

Sep 20, 2010
Norton, MA
You want to know what makes this NPS vehicle truely "Awesome"? ...It is the first NPS LE vehicle to have POLICE on it. I won't even get into the Sh*t Strom this has caused among the "Traditionalist Senior Leadership". They think the word POLICE is a negative term, and we do so much more then "Police" and we should be proud of being a "Park Ranger".

This is coming from an agency who, for a number of years, restricted LE Rangers to carrying their LE Badge as a credential badge only. Not to be worn on the uniform because it "presented too much authority".

Yes, it's my vehicle and thank you. I work in the downtown city streets of Lowell, MA.

TACKLEBERRY

Sep 20, 2010
Norton, MA
HILO said:
Seems there is a little much going on in the rear, over all, a nice package.

The rear originally only had the lower ILS, but it's useless from a distance due to the angle of the trunk and vehicle. So higher warning was needed.

Zoe

May 28, 2010
Deerfield MA
TACKLEBERRY said:
You want to know what makes this NPS vehicle truely "Awesome"? ...It is the first NPS LE vehicle to have POLICE on it. I won't even get into the Sh*t Strom this has caused among the "Traditionalist Senior Leadership". They think the word POLICE is a negative term, and we do so much more then "Police" and we should be proud of being a "Park Ranger".

This is coming from an agency who, for a number of years, restricted LE Rangers to carrying their LE Badge as a credential badge only. Not to be worn on the uniform because it "presented too much authority".

Yes, it's my vehicle and thank you. I work in the downtown city streets of Lowell, MA.

Outstanding vehicle, but more importantly, it's outstanding the progress your agency is making.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
It's just an over all clean but well lit setup. No split fail, no blobs of purple, no disco patterns.

GPC

Oct 17, 2010
North Carolina
I like it but, except for the two grill lights. They just look kind of funky for to me for some reason. Maybe colored lenses would help them?

Mattdecker

Mar 16, 2013
Barren County, Kentucky
Nice car. Wish I could have gotten a video of some of the LE vehicles at Mammoth Cave when I worked there.

They had 1 unmarked Impala for the supervisor, 2 CV's which one was slicktop, 3 Tahoes 1 marked and to unmarked, and 1 F-350. All of them were sharp and ha excellent lighting.

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
TACKLEBERRY said:

:duh:

tvsjr said:
It's a nice install, but it's lacking in the sync department.

Umm there is a lot of sync on this car. All the front blue perimeter lighting is synced, the rear deck lights are synced and the LP lights are synced.

NJEMT

May 22, 2010
Essex County, NJ
TACKLEBERRY said:

I noticed that it said police as was like WTF. I've never seen that before. That's a huge problem I think with NPS everyone comes from the interp side of the system. Rarely do you get someone from protection whether its police or ems. they don't know what we do. Your lucky we have 2 LE rangers, and they are held over from before Park Police took over.

11b101abn

Jun 10, 2010
Georgia, United States
"POLICE" is likely more for the public than the employee, in my view. The average citizen doesn't understand or differentiate "Ranger" or "Police". They just want a cop when they want a cop.

Love, love love the lights. Not a huge fan of the pattern on the rear ILS, although the upper rear lights beg for a single flash pattern and to be used as stand alone flashers.

Zoe

May 28, 2010
Deerfield MA
11b101abn said:
"POLICE" is likely more for the public than the employee, in my view. The average citizen doesn't understand or differentiate "Ranger" or "Police". They just want a cop when they want a cop.

In my experience, and others in this thread may very well have a different view/experience on it, but this is generally how the public thinks:

"Police":

ai1.ytimg.com_vi_57OIJS7bpEo_hqdefault.jpg

"Ranger":

adellsjellystone.com_wp_content_uploads_ranger.rick_.png

Sometimes when there exists a strong perception, wording can make a huge difference, even if to us the distinction is pointless.

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
acala91 said:
It's got light in all the right places, good patterns, good equipment choices, overall just a badass install.

I agree with everyone...awesome installation; but being a National Park vehicle, why are the lights all blue? I'd think that being a federal unit it would have some red....somewhere.

TACKLEBERRY

Sep 20, 2010
Norton, MA
Skip Goulet said:
I agree with everyone...awesome installation; but being a National Park vehicle, why are the lights all blue? I'd think that being a federal unit it would have some red....somewhere.

You follow the state's guidelines/laws/regulations which you're primarily patrolling in. Unlike say a DOD installation where people know they've crossed onto federal lands National Parks aren't clearly defined. Most vehicular traffic isn't even visitors; it's just people commuting A to B.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkelly

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.