Axixtech TRI LED HAW's

zack A

May 24, 2010
NC
Got a quick question about the TRI system. What happens if you take away the "flasher" unit and connect the LED's to a diffrent flasher unit say a ULF44?

-Zack

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
Good question.

Let us know how it works out for ya.. :p I've never tried it.. but I would suggest double checking the output voltage on the original Axixtech TRI Flasher- make sure its putting out 12 volts, and not something much lower..

zack A

May 24, 2010
NC
unlisted said:
Good question.

Let us know how it works out for ya.. :p I've never tried it.. but I would suggest double checking the output voltage on the original Axixtech TRI Flasher- make sure its putting out 12 volts, and not something much lower..

HAHA, I'll check it later. Basically I have TRI's up front, SOS in the rear and I am about to put in a dashlight, 4 pimp pods, and 2 TIR3's and wanted them synced up. If not o well figured i'd ask.

May 24, 2010
PG County, MD
code60a said:
The hide a ways require the driver. I believe they run lower than 12 volts, so if you connect them to a 12 volt flash you could end up frying them.

The TRI HAL tubes themselves require 28 Volts DC to run. If you would like to verify this yourself, put the controller in steady burn for either one light or both and then measure the voltage from the controller to the light head.

So the ULF44 or any other LED flasher does not have enough voltage drive for the HALs.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.