Wanted Back in the market again for a Carson siren with Mech tone

bpollard

Jun 13, 2010
USA, SC
As the saying goes, "there's a sucker born every minute". I am living proof! I bought a Carson 1022 from Facebook Marketplace, exactly what I wanted. Which doesn't work...... I should have known better.

If anyone on this site has a Carson siren (I want the mechanical tone) that would like to sell I'd be interested.

The model I want is called the "Volunteer" series. I dont care if it's the handheld control or otherwise. For a project that I have in mind.

take care and stay safe
Bob

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
Bob, have you reached out to Kent? @MtnMan as he is an expert in the field of electronic siren repairs. Worth a try!

bpollard

Jun 13, 2010
USA, SC
well, this matter has been resolved. a phone call to Carson, which was answered by a human being, was promptly routed to a design engineer who helped design this model (which according to serial number was produced in 2008).

this guy was helpful as hell. turns out that the problem was a loose solder joint where the sire fuse connects to the internal circuit board. He took me straight to the problem in less than 10 minutes.

i re-soldered both of the fuse connections, works like a charm!

kudos to Carson. customer support is a dying art.

Bob

Reactions: StEaLtH2 and Tony P

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htamboli

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.