Badgelight Flashlight Strobe

Dragon

May 27, 2010
Mississippi
Does anyone have a instruction book on this product or a link to a site on the web that still has instructions?

I was just issued this with a flashlight. The department has no regular encaps for a flashlight so I have to live with this. If I have to live with it I want it to work.

Was told that there is a piece that goes down into the light that is missing. Might have to fabricate somethig since I think the product is no longer for sale anywhere.

ai189.photobucket.com_albums_z43_DragonHunter00_BadgelightFlashlightSafetyStrobe.jpg

police-jimmy

May 23, 2010
Netherlands (Europe)
It toke me a pretty long time to find one and the one I got is also missing that part.

I had the orig packaging but that doesn't even show this peace.... Next to no info on the packaging.

It's supose to have a metal strip that goes to the tip of the batt, the copper ring of the strobe has to connect to this.

But if your dept doesn't have normal tail caps, do all the flashlights have this tail ??

If so, then it may be an option to take another one apart to see how it looks (and take a pic to post on here) and replicate it.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
Dragon said:
I was just issued this with a flashlight. The department has no regular encaps for a flashlight so I have to live with this.

Was told that there is a piece that goes down into the light that is missing. Might have to fabricate somethig since I think the product is no longer for sale anywhere.

ai189.photobucket.com_albums_z43_DragonHunter00_BadgelightFlashlightSafetyStrobe.jpg

Uh, why is ANY employer issuing a employee with faulty equipment in the first place? I would also expect your employer would need to replace it, or fix it. Depending on what your job is, it may be a safety/OHSA issue if they refuse to fix/replace it...

What do you do for work?

Dragon

May 27, 2010
Mississippi
Police-Jimmy,

Nobody that I know of is using one so I can't check it out. It was a phase the department went through years ago I guess.

If someone else on here can post some pics of the strip and how it connects then I am sure I can fabricate something.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
You may have better luck over at CPF- Candlepowerforums- they are all flashlight crazy over there.

I still say its your employer's responsibility to give you proper working equipment if its issued.. seriously.

Dragon

May 27, 2010
Mississippi
I think I have found an accidental fix for the problem.

Was working a wreck- first on scene- when the first volunteer that arrived asked if I had a flashlight. I thought he was going to check pupils of the entraped driver or something. He used it to break the only window not already broken during the rollover.

Broke the strobe right off. So now I guess I will be getting a new flashlight or at least a regular endcap to get it back going. :lol:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArizonaFireTruckParty

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.