Beacon Mount

theroofable

May 23, 2010
New Jersey
Hi,

I am looking to get a beacon to put on the roof rack of my jeep liberty. I had a nice pinnacle mini lightbar but the way the roof rivets were, I couldnt mount the lightbar properly, and had to sell it. So, does anyone know of any place to get a bracket or something that I can use to mount a small (5.5 inch diameter) beacon? I was thinking mabye two right angle brackets on either side of the rack. I dont really know how I would go about doing this, and I do not want to drill into my roof. Open to any suggestions or insults :p

Thanks

dmathieu

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
S.W. New Hampshire, USA
Mount a round steel plate the size of the magnet to the inside corner of the rack, and use a magnetic beacon. The small plate is fairly unobtrusive when the beacon is removed.

Dan

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
metal distributors?

some big box home improvement stores sell metal

tractor supply and other agri supply stores

local hardware store?

any place around you that might sell or fab trailers of any type. etc etc etc.

tnems7

May 21, 2010
USA Nashville Tennessee
At Lowe's or Home Depot, or comparable hardware store, look at the round cover plate for the round electrical junction box used with rigid electrical conduit. Usually they are grey metal, but you can paint them black or other color. You may find some U bolts that will allow mounting to the roof rack so you don't need to drill.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.