Beacon Ray dome question

Sep 13, 2010
Holland, Michigan
I have a Visabar that I am looking to put new domes on and I am curious if the Model 11 domes are the same as the model 14 domes? Thanks.

NPS Ranger

May 21, 2010
Penn's Woods
To be completely authentic, the Model 11 domes were transparent on top, as opposed to the frosted-sunshade top now found on current production Model 14/Model 100 domes. If you can find the non-frosted type, where you can see down into the light from above, they would be more period-correct.

EL1998P71

May 23, 2010
Sterling Heights Mich
NPS Ranger said:
To be completely authentic, the Model 11 domes were transparent on top, as opposed to the frosted-sunshade top now found on current production Model 14/Model 100 domes. If you can find the non-frosted type, where you can see down into the light from above, they would be more period-correct.
Also from the industrial side of federal you can get the round top domes.

I have a clear one on my model 100

LargeImage

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Round top domes, although they will fit, would not be the correct style for a Twin Beacon Ray.

Sep 13, 2010
Holland, Michigan
Alrighty thanks guys. I'd like to keep it as close to correct as possible as i am looking to sell this once I get new domes on it and cleaned up a bit. Does anyone have any clear model 11 domes in new to almost new shape for a reasonable price?

Also the bulb housings are corroded a little bit from moisture over time how might one clean them up without scratching the housings?

ryan

May 20, 2010
Massillon, Ohio
I have new in stock domes for $35ea buy 2 and I'll cover the shipping.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
@thebluesignal

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.