Best Handheld Siren!

SOS 385 remote handheld for several reasons...looks, size, single-side wire exits from amp, good tones, 3x 20 amp outputs for the progressive switches, versus 3x 10 amp for Whelen HHS2200. If Whelen would make the legend stickers and backer plates a better design and make the wires exit the amp unit on only one side then the HHS2200 would be a tie. Worst is FedSig's PA650, as it is prone to failure, has horrible tones, buttons can't be labeled, and you need a u-terminal crimp tool to assemble the connectors.

Last edited by a moderator:
C2Installs said:
SOS 385 remote handheld for several reasons...looks, size, single-side wire exits from amp, dual tones.

You can get dual-tone with the SOS385? No additional separate amp required?

Thanks!

Ryan

Carson SC-550. It's the original version that was released by through SVP. So, technically, it was the first hand held siren released in the US market. I brought one new, when they first came out. I still have it. Although,I have to say, I do like the look and feel of the SOS. My own problem with it is it's only 100 watts max. I'm a 200 watts (at least) kinds guy.

C2Installs said:
Ryan...oops, I got mixed up with the 380R. Sorry, no the 385HR is only 100w single tone. I fixed the post.

Oh, dangit. I was about to go order one! I miss my dual-tone setup but like the handheld controllers.

deff. have to say the carson sc-1022. i got that velcroed to my dash, and singin along side of it is a whelen 295HFSA1. great combo.

Agree that the Carson SC-1022 is a good one. We also have the SVP LCS880 in several vehicles and really like it. I have used one in my POV for several years now.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381