Best LAW for a Silverado?

Lt. Dino

May 24, 2010
Georgetown, USA
I bought a Feniex 90 watt 4 head power supply to put 4 HAWs in the brake lights of my 2011 Silverado, but the strobes are definitely not 90 watt, and I'm not going to use it. So... I'm thinking of putting in LAWs instead. My friend had a red Vertex and I had a red SO Universal Undercover, so I tried them out and neither one was very bright in the housing. I was wondering what the best LAW would be for a Silverado?

The holes are drilled on the flat part of the reflector - the side against the tailgate. I had to put them there because the Feniex bulbs are long, and that's where they fit. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

aw413

Jan 27, 2011
Minnesota
I would say that the Whelen Vertex would work great. The dept I work for has 5 Sierra pickups and 2 Yokons and we have the vertex in the the taillights. They work great. Good effective light output. They are also mounted on the sides. Give them a try. Remember to use red led behind the red lens too.

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
I'd go with feneix fairy's, Axixtech tri's or sound off undercovers! Everything else isn't as good! Or Pimp's hideaways, those aren't too bad either!

But your best bet would have been a TLF on the new silverados, as the housings are small!

Lt. Dino

May 24, 2010
Georgetown, USA
Thanks LT1-

Corner HAWs is something I like having (I always have), which is why I opted to try the Feniex (plus, it's a waterproof power supply, so wiring was going to be easy.) I put the SO Undercovers in, and they don't really do much. I was thinking of the Feniex Fairy or Axixtech T.R.I., as they are a little bigger in size and might stick into the housing a little more. Even thought of the U.F.O.'s. But I have an old TLF I could hook up, so I might just cap the holes and go from there.

cory y

May 21, 2010
Lt. Dino said:
Thanks LT1-
Corner HAWs is something I like having (I always have), which is why I opted to try the Feniex (plus, it's a waterproof power supply, so wiring was going to be easy.) I put the SO Undercovers in, and they don't really do much. I was thinking of the Feniex Fairy or Axixtech T.R.I., as they are a little bigger in size and might stick into the housing a little more. Even thought of the U.F.O.'s. But I have an old TLF I could hook up, so I might just cap the holes and go from there.

Ive used a ton of the Feniex LAWs' they are very bright. the Reds are the brightest .

i highly recommend them

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.