Best Siren Speaker

blaster668

Jun 20, 2010
Polk, PA
I am looking into getting a Carson SA-500M siren, what would be the best speaker or speakers to go with it? I do not need compact speakers, the cheaper the better, but I will pay a little extra for good performance. How much does 2 speakers gain over just 1?

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
I have the same question.. whats best?

I have narrowed it down between these 3 from what i have heard:

Whelen SA315

Whelen SA314

Federal Signal AS124

JraCrir

May 27, 2010
NH
From my personal experience:

-Loudest-

AS124

ES100

SA314 (did have some fail on me though)

SA315

-quietest-

Mostly has to do with the speaker housings, the largest speaker being the loudest because of the better acoustics. If you can fit the AS124, get it.

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
If you have a 200watt siren get 2 speakers . Its much louder. There is a reason why every ambulance has 2 speakers standard. I use the SA315p and they are very good. HPD84 has them for cheap. I found that speaker placement is very important. I once saw a POV that had a big speaker in a Old Accord . The siren was louder inside the vehicle then outside. The installer put it half near the firewall inside the hood. Put it flush to the grill if you can. Or of course on a push bumper even better.

blaster668

Jun 20, 2010
Polk, PA
VolEms said:
If you have a 200watt siren get 2 speakers . Its much louder. There is a reason why every ambulance has 2 speakers standard. I use the SA315p and they are very good. HPD84 has them for cheap. I found that speaker placement is very important. I once saw a POV that had a big speaker in a Old Accord . The siren was louder inside the vehicle then outside. The installer put it half near the firewall inside the hood. Put it flush to the grill if you can. Or of course on a push bumper even better.

Does this HPD84 have a website?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.