Bicycle uniform shorts?

mcpd2025

May 20, 2010
Maryland, USA
Anyone recommend a good set of bike uniform shorts that aren't God awful expensive? I have BDU shorts that I use, but the crotch isn't gussetted to make riding more comfortable. I'd really like to find a decent pair of duty shorts that are meant for bike riding, I just don't really want to spend $50+ on them. Our department only issues them to "full time" bike officers. Regular patrol has to either wear the issued duty pants or purchase their own shorts.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
I use the 5.11 tactical shorts (had them before the taclites came out) and love them! They come to just above my knees, so they're perfect for biking IMO. I generally prefer thy shorts go to the bottom of my knees, but I fell in love with the 5.11 shorts that I'll use them for regular station use when I can.

LAPoliceGear.com is where I always order my 5.11 from (because they have good deals & prices), and their LAPG brand of tactical clothes is pretty good. I haven't personally used their shorts (because I'm only allowed to wear shorts at the FD very infrequently) but I would give them a get b/c their LAPG brand tactical polos feel & perform just like the 5.11 polos IMO

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htamboli

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.