Big incident in my area...

JohnMarcson

Site Founder
Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Our team, Region 5 (Summit County) was there. I was unable to go due to teaching a class last night. Listened to it for severl hours on the state radio channel, it sounded like it was running pretty smoth.

Do you know, did our team send equipment or just manpower. I have not heard anything yet. Also did the Cleveland area team (Region 2) send their 53ft semi?

MATT3045 said:
Listened to it for several hours on the state radio channel,

I listened to it too. Was wondered what was going on and why the agencies started using the MARCS M-Call 1 Channel, then I found out what was going on through the local news outlets.

I was at work when we activated the Ohio Fire Chiefs ERP. I was working the EMS/ SFMO seat to I sent the State Fire Marshall MIRV...

KD8GPM said:
I listened to it too. Was wondered what was going on and why the agencies started using the MARCS M-Call 1 Channel, then I found out what was going on through the local news outlets.

They were on M-Call 1 also? I was listening to M-Call 2. Although I would not be surprised if our radios are programmed wrong. Half the time when we have Cleveland Metro Lifeflight coming out, we end up talking to Toledo St. V's lifeflight because they are labeled wrong in our radios.

MATT3045 said:
Our team, Region 5 (Summit County) was there. I was unable to go due to teaching a class last night. Listened to it for severl hours on the state radio channel, it sounded like it was running pretty smoth.
Do you know, did our team send equipment or just manpower. I have not heard anything yet. Also did the Cleveland area team (Region 2) send their 53ft semi?

Yeah the giant semi was there and the state fire MIRV. It was kinda a mix of equipment. It seemed to go as smoothly. Everyone did a great job, and no rescues were hurt.

I went to work yesterday John and was talking to Brett Howard about some stuff and someone called and was talking about sending ML1 over. I am just glad they had the resources they did and no one responding was hurt. Glad to hear that to be honest.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381