Blue LINZ6's

UndercoverVLS

Jun 1, 2010
NY
Has anyone gotten a "dark" Blue LINZ6? Or does it look like all the new heads will be the lighter shade of blue?? Ive handled about 10 and all were that very light shade that I really don't like... :(

HPD84

May 16, 2010
City of Houston,Texas
Whelen has revised there LEDs and the Blue are more soft,not so much ultra dark as some of the last talons were it includes all new Blue LEDs. I call it New Blue :lol: it's not too dark nor too lite just in the middle :ugeek:

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
Whelen is still making the SlimLighter in several different shades of blue.

I just recently received two SLPMMBB with manufacture dates of 3/10 and 4/10 both of which are lighter shades of blue than the SlimLighters I have with 2/08 manufacture dates. The real kicker is that each of those two new SlimLighters are vastly different shades of blue from one to the other.

Then there's teal and true dark blue, neither of which I own. I guess there are at least five distinct shades of Whelen blue out there.

UndercoverVLS

Jun 1, 2010
NY
Whelen always said it will be impossible to always have 1 single shade of blue, but they make sure that the LEDs contained in one light are all the same shade. I personally love the dark blue and really dont care for the new lighter shade. And the teal is gross. But your right they are still making the Light Blue and the Dark blue.

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
It was really difficult to find two SlimLighters in a similar enough of blue to mount in the rear of my Jeep. I wound up buying six in total just to make a pair.

May 24, 2010
East Longmeadow, MA
could this possibly be caused be their supplier of the LEDs ? I know there are many shades of "WHELEN BLUE" but I think Whelen should at least address this issue I mean most of the tim the LEDs in the lightbars all match up...... just my .02 :idea:

usdemt

May 21, 2010
Vermillion SD
EmerVehSolutions said:
could this possibly be caused be their supplier of the LEDs ? I know there are many shades of "WHELEN BLUE" but I think Whelen should at least address this issue I mean most of the tim the LEDs in the lightbars all match up...... just my .02 :idea:

It is and it isnt. The supplier is the ones making the different shades of color, but from what I understand to increase brightness Whelen went with the lighter shade of blue that is still within the legal range to designate it as blue.

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
So, where's that way cool diagram of accepted hues of LED colors Whelen uses?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.