BMW 3 Series Install help

NFD-102

Aug 1, 2011
NW Connecticut
Hey guys,

I am doing an install on a 2010 BMW 3 series x drive in two weeks. I haven't really had a chance to look at the firewall yet. Has anyone done one yet and where did you go through on the firewall. Any pointers that will help me out will be appreciated. Luckily the battery is in the trunk so thats where the brain of the siren is going. These are the items he has for the install. Don't bug me about the random amber and white lightheads, its what he wanted.

Siren/Speaker

Whelen HHS2000 Siren

Whelen SA315 Speaker

Front

Whelen 500 Series TIR6 Grill Lights R/W

Whelen Dual Talon for dash R/R

Whelen Ion's for the headliner R/R

Rear

Whelen Ion's for rear deck R/R

Whelen TIR3's on LP-Bracket R/A

NFD-102

Aug 1, 2011
NW Connecticut
SireLite said:
There is usually enough room behind the grill for 2x 400 series lightheads. So 500 series will be fine.
Speaker wise. On the bmw's over here. They use the project a flex which has a long tube that fits neatly behind the grill.

View attachment 45513

That thing is pretty cool...I am hoping that the Whelen siren speaker that I bought will fit. Its only 3 inches wide with the bracket. I should be able to get it to fit somewhere I would think. It came with the standard L-bracket. How much is it for that speaker in case mine doesnt work?

brooks

May 27, 2010
Queens New York
good luck with the speaker....there is nothing to mount to because of all the air intakes...your better off trying to get the speaker that sirelite mentioned

NFD-102

Aug 1, 2011
NW Connecticut
brooks said:
good luck with the speaker....there is nothing to mount to because of all the air intakes...your better off trying to get the speaker that sirelite mentioned

BMW Speaker.jpg

If you look in this picture the blue line is a metal support that goes across the front. The red marking shows the area in the grill which is just over 3 inches. It will be tight but it will fit.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.