Brightest Dual Color surface mount.

LLS

May 23, 2010
NYC
What is the brightest Dual Color LED light?

A friend of mine is looking to do Amber-----Red and Amber-----Blue

Sigma Safety

May 21, 2010
western Canada
LLS said:
What is the brightest Dual Color LED light?

A friend of mine is looking to do Amber-----Red and Amber-----Blue

By 'dual colour' I assume you are not meaning "split" .

We go through quite a number of dual and tri-colour Impaxx6 lights. Very bright, good mounting options (surface or 'stud' mount), and very good off axis.

Jamey@NNE

Jun 23, 2011
Ocoee, Florida
leftcoastmark said:

We go through quite a number of dual and tri-colour Impaxx6 lights. Very bright, good mounting options (surface or 'stud' mount), and very good off axis.

+1...

factorone33

Jun 13, 2010
Merriam, KS
Honestly, going with a pair of amber heads and a pair of one red/one blue heads is the way to go. But Whelen's split Ions are pretty damn bright for split heads (and I hate split-color heads). Either that or you could go with a pair of 500 series Duo heads (which you'd probably have to special order and use with a flasher).

911EL

Jun 10, 2012
NY
leftcoastmark said:

+1. They cover all angles

Last edited by a moderator:

C2Installs

May 24, 2010
Tennessee
SoundOff's nForce series edges the Impaxx6 slightly, IMO. I think it's optics spread the light much better while maintaining forward punch. Another brand's rep saw them in person for the first time yesterday during a visit and was impressed with their brightness. That's no faint praise. They also have a large "light footprint," by which I mean that from a distance, they appear to be bigger lights than what they actually are, if that makes sense. I like that in a LED light, because I think the perceived visual light footprint is just as important as perceived brightness.

Also, IMO, the SOS is easier to program and sync, but that might be a matter of preference/familiarity. The SOS unit has a nice finished look and appears to be better constructed. Plus, they still ship in a box vs. a bag and I just like that. Having said that, I certainly wouldn't be disappointed to have IPX6 units, and we recently put some on a slicktop. Pricing is pretty well the same and both have 5-year warranties.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htamboli

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.