Bullard: UST6TL Traditional Helmet with TrakLite Integrated Light System, Bourkes.

bobcoop06

May 25, 2010
Indiana
Terrible.

My volunteer department went to these helmets last year and I despise them everyday. The light system is ridiculous and is a stupid gimmick; I "uninstalled" mine. There is a battery pack underneath the back brim for it that adds a bunch of weight and throws the balance of the helmet off. I fell on a fire last spring and torqued my neck so bad from that heavy helmet I was off work for three days. The suspension system and ratchet are horribly flimsy and my impact cap keeps coming off. If I am carrying the helmet, I can't hold it by the ratcheting headband when I carry it, otherwise it falls apart. I hate that helmet so much. Don't watse your time or money, a Cairns 1010 is lightyears better and cheaper too. Add a good helmet light and you are good to go.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RetLt2020

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.