Burn shots, Photos and video

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
OK. What was the purpose of that?

Maybe:

1. This ought to thrill the pyros we have on the department.

2. See how fast stuff burns?

3. Let's burn something up 'cause we can.

4. If we ever get a real fire this big, we'll all stand around and watch it burn.

Grow up!

Hoser

Jun 25, 2010
Ohio
JazzDad said:

Maybe:

4. If we ever get a real fire this big, we'll all stand around and watch it burn.

Grow up!

Training Burn. Great for working out all kinds of related firefighting practices, like water shuttle, exposure protection on and on. You can usually get atleast one solid training day or more out of a building before you let it go up in smoke.

Great photo's Jennifer Rose Towing!

May 21, 2010
Minnesota
JazzDad said:

There were 7 structures on the property that they spent 5 hours training in before they let them go up completely. One building was brick with 1 window and a door. One FF said "it sucks working in their, its like being in a basement." When they came out I could see how hard they were working.

AKRLTW

Jan 21, 2012
AK/NV USA
JazzDad said:

Maybe:

Grow up!

Sounds like someone's in a department where the supporting population won't provide buildings for training that are being demolished anyway.

firefightin6

Jun 9, 2011
USA, East Coast
JazzDad said:

Maybe:

Grow up!

This guy :rolleyes: :popcorn: I'll cut to the chase. Popcorn is on, beer is cold!

May 28, 2011
USA Indiana
JazzDad said:

Maybe:

Grow up!

Sounds like a douchenozzle, imho :hopeless:

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Again, we didn't see the whole video.

I just hate seeing people put in dangerous situations for no real benefit. If they learned from the experience- great. However, if it was to have fun burning stuff, the service certainly doesn't doesn't need more bad press.

No offense to anyone who commented, especially the OP.

I'mabeast

Apr 5, 2011
Massillon, Ohio
Well it's clear that these certain firefighters need to go get retrained, cause the number one rule when I was in training and on a department was:

DO NOT LOSE CONTROL OF THE HOSE FOR ANY REASON. INJURY OR DEATH CAN BE A RESULT OF SUCH ACTION. :bonk:

Not to mention there's suppose to be at least 2 people on the hose line, :duh: otherwise good training for them I guess.

CPDG23

Oct 17, 2011
Ohio
JazzDad said:

Maybe:

Grow up!

Lack of knowledge on your part doesn't make this immature, stupid, pointless, or whatever your trying to imply.

Training burns have been going on around this country since the inception of fire departments.

Instead of looking like a jack ass the next time you have no idea about a subject, either politely ask a question or keep your mouth shut and learn from those that do understand.

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Have you ever posted in a thread, knowing full well that what you say will bring scorn, ridicule and even rage? It can be an interesting study in the human psyche. I just hope no one takes it personally, and keep on buying those JazzDad Emergency Equipment products!

otacon

May 25, 2010
Saint John, NB, Canada
We do live burns at least once a month, even our training facility uses real fire and smoke. The idea is that if we train with the real thing then when we go to an actual call we have some idea what to expect. It is dangerous but we volunteer to do this job knowing how dangerous it is and accepting it. Just my 2 Cents. Oh and nice photos.

Last edited by a moderator:
May 21, 2010
Minnesota
otacon said:
We do live burns at least once a month, even our training facility uses real fire and smoke. The idea is that if we train with the real thing then when we go to an actual call we have some idea what to expect. It is dangerous but we volunteer to do this job knowing how dangerous it is and accepting it. Just my 2 Cents. Oh and nice photos.

Thanks, this is a rural town and 2 different departments participated. They were training in several different structures on this burn (wood house, brick bunker/house, garages and large shed) I am not sure if cities let others practice in their training buildings but the closest one is 20 something miles away. This land was also owned by the county and paid contractors to remove semi loads of junk before this burn.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KI_CopCar

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.