Bye, Bye Federal Signal Model 14 beacon and Jetstrobe light bar!

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
ERIC6913 said:
Well, looks like Federal's axe has swung again! This time, discontinuing the model 14 rotating beacon and all Jetstrobe models.

No big loss on the Jetstream. :yawn:

jdh

May 21, 2010
Geneva, FL
Zapp Brannigan said:
No big loss on the Jetstream. :yawn:

Jetstrobe not jetstream. Jetstream, the independant rotators version did suck. However the strobe version was actually a very good bar.

Wheels

May 23, 2010
El Paso, Texas
jdh said:
Jetstrobe not jetstream. Jetstream, the independant rotators version did suck. However the strobe version was actually a very good bar.

I have a feeling the remaining Jet series will soon follow eventually. I still think it makes a great, low profile lightbar that's very aerodynamic. For many years, Federal created so many unique models utilizing the "Jet series" platform. From chain driven rotators, to independent rotators, then strobe, MOD-led's, and finally to solaris leds. (And lets not forget Tomar's 925 series too.) I think it still has potential for one more model. If Federal can design and fit smaller SLR like rotators into the lightbar, it might do pretty well.

denko3

Jul 31, 2010
SLOVENIA,EUROPE
:-( bad not good.

both models were very interesting and history usefull.

both will be remembered.

RIP

fedsigcat037-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

NPS Ranger

May 21, 2010
Penn's Woods
The Model 14 was the last true sealed beam Beacon Ray, from the company that invented the breed. 65 years as the market leader for that segment. Although I have to admit, quality of the recent aluminum skirt versions was slipping lately. Sign of the times, give it a few years and everything they sell will be LED components made in China & assembled here.

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
I was hoping they'd instead give the Model 14 LED bulbs and add it to the SLR line. :( The other halogen beacons are gonna bite the dust pretty quick too probably, especially the Model 100 since it uses the same externals as the 14.

I didn't even know they still made the JetStrobe, but it was brighter than the halogen JetStream anyway so it'll be missed.

K9Vic

May 23, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
Time to stock up on Model 14 lights!

But really I got a deal on two amber Model 100 a while back for $20 each and was going to make a Vistabar clone out of them. I would have liked to get the Model 14, but for $20 I could not pass that up and the domes were worth that.

Reactions: CodeMan

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.