California Spec Aerotwin New Domes too!

empire5150

Aug 13, 2013
NH
Finished my Aerotwin CAL SPEC project. This started out as a regular aerotwin with tall cascade mirrors and red clear candycane domes that were in rough shape. I added a front steady burn par 36 and rear flashing par 36, As always, I used all original Federal parts right down to the mounting screws. I have a spare NYPD V mirror that I was going to use in place of the cascade mirror on the red side but decided not to as it would add an additional rear flash and the original model would not have had that. I wanted to make it as original as possible, other than the fact that its a 4 panel and not the correct 3.5 panel. Plus the inner most panel (next to the speaker housing) would have been completely transparent and would look odd. To finish it off I then ordered brand new domes. The domes arrived yesterday and here it is all complete.

Thanks to:

Pete L. for parts

emtanderson51 for the domes

007.jpg

005.jpg

010.jpg

009.jpg

Jun 18, 2013
PA
Nice,

I would say mine is coming along.... eventually.

NYPD bar is next on my list, then maybe after that this or the mini Aero.

empire5150

Aug 13, 2013
NH
Stampeed Valkyrie said:
Nice,

I would say mine is coming along.... eventually.

NYPD bar is next on my list, then maybe after that this or the mini Aero.

Thank you. Your earlier thread was what inspired me.....

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
That's a nice take on how it could have been done. :thumbsup:

JennyCop

Jan 19, 2012
Sunny Arizona
Awesome!!!!! :thumbsup: :hail: looks fantastic! Great job!

toon80 said:
I'd like a video of the front to see the flash pattern with the steady red in between.
me too!!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.