Can-Am 1000

J. Forbes

May 24, 2010
Houston
This is an install we finished for a local Constable.

It has the following-

Front:

Star SS651 Siren

11 SoundOff nForce 3 color lighheads

4 Rigid Cubes

4 KC HID

Star D60RBS Speaker

Rear:

2 SoundOff UltraLite 2 Head

1 SoundOff UltraLite 4 Head

2 SoundOff nForce 3 color lighheads

2 SoundOff Universal Undercover LEDs

DSC01282_zps316ba82c.jpg

DSC01283_zps8b9b064d.jpg

DSC01284_zps35ad7f1b.jpg

DSC01288_zpsddbad5c8.jpg

DSC01295_zps93a78d80.jpg

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh

yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh?

fleetcomm

Sep 2, 2011
south of nowhere
Is he compensating for something? Good work.

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
Wow! now that looks like something from the future if you or they can't see that coming they need either glasses,retnia transplant, or Arlleo eye surgery.

Looks real cool.

twodogs603

Sep 7, 2011
Norfolk,VA
I know its LED, but I wonder if the charging system can keep up with the electrical demand.

Actually after looking at the pics again, the spot/flood lights appear to be halogen. Hmmm....

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
my guess 2 minutes after you turn all the halogen lights on with the motor off and there will be no more battery power left to re start it.

atv use the same size batteries as lawn mowers and they are only like 20 a/h batteries.

TJW

May 20, 2010
MB, Canada
J. Forbes, nice install and sell.

While it is no doubt the customer who spec'd this meteor on wheels, unless it's going to be driven on maintained trails, or roadways, J. Forbes has guaranteed himself a repeat customer. There is no way those KC lites would stay mounted during normal use where I'm familiar with riding.

Nor does an ATV need as much warning power. I'd have to agree with the other chaps on the electrical supply/demand comments.

I now would love to see this Constables regular patrol vehicle.

Any photo's J. Forbes?

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
OVERKILLLLLLL!!!

But then again, what else is new?

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
John, it's good to see u back with some pics of your shop's latest work buddy.

That constable definitely could've gotten away with a fraction of those lights, but nonetheless all the equipment looks well placed...that install looks like it cost more than the bike...even without labor, u got a lot of $ invested on the 5000 triple color nForce + 4 rigids (which we all know aren't the cheapest lights out there lol) alone.

Hope to see more of your posts/vids soon

MeefZah

Oct 6, 2011
New Philadelphia, OH
Nice work, but I concur on the overkill.

Don't constables serve papers and such? What would the use for this thing even be?

cybercop

May 31, 2010
USA, TX/South
MeefZah said:
Nice work, but I concur on the overkill.

Don't constables serve papers and such? What would the use for this thing even be?

They are also sworn peace officers with powers of arrest, traffic enforcement, criminal investigations, etc....

QuickSilv3r

Jul 3, 2012
Southwest CT
twodogs603 said:
Actually after looking at the pics again, the spot/flood lights appear to be halogen. Hmmm....

OP indicates KC HID, the look like KC 7 1/4" carbon fiber pods, either flood or spot. MSRP close to 2k per pair, $1500 retail.

Obviously you need 4, 2 would just look silly... :crazy:

J. Forbes

May 24, 2010
Houston
QuickSilv3r said:
OP indicates KC HID, the look like KC 7 1/4" carbon fiber pods, either flood or spot. MSRP close to 2k per pair, $1500 retail.
Obviously you need 4, 2 would just look silly... :crazy:

Nope, two was not enough:undecided: He had to have 2 spot and 2 flood. And yes they are HID - and yes they are quite expensive.

kc hid.jpg

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
I shudder to think what all that cost, or worse, who actually footed the bill. :duh: :nono: :suicide:

InstallDude

May 24, 2010
United States/Texas
If it were for certain Constables around here,they would want to add a 49" lightbar,and six vertexes.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
W2CK

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.