Can Am Outlander - Snow Plow

catfish

May 24, 2010
Ontario Canada
This is my 2007 Outlander 500 XT. I have installed 4 LINZ6's, 2 TIR3's, a LIN4, and a Sound Off LED flood light. There are two blue LINZ'6 and two amber. The TIR3's to the front are amber, and the LIN4 to the front is white and is used for additional light at night. I live in Ontario, Canada where blue and amber are used as snow plow/removal colours. I drive the roads quite a bit so the lights help to keep me stay safe while driving and plowing. I hope you like it and let me know what you think. Thanks

ai789.photobucket.com_albums_yy173_carver60_P2030010_1.jpg

ai789.photobucket.com_albums_yy173_carver60_P2030828_1.jpg

ai789.photobucket.com_albums_yy173_carver60_P2030843.jpg

ai789.photobucket.com_albums_yy173_carver60_P2030840.jpg

ai789.photobucket.com_albums_yy173_carver60_P2030838.jpg

ai789.photobucket.com_albums_yy173_carver60_P2030839.jpg

ai789.photobucket.com_albums_yy173_carver60_P2030804.jpg

ai789.photobucket.com_albums_yy173_carver60_P2030032.jpg

ai789.photobucket.com_albums_yy173_carver60_P2030031.jpg

ai789.photobucket.com_albums_yy173_carver60_P2030026.jpg

ai789.photobucket.com_albums_yy173_carver60_P2030025.jpg

ai789.photobucket.com_albums_yy173_carver60_P2030014.jpg

ai789.photobucket.com_albums_yy173_carver60_P2030013.jpg

ai789.photobucket.com_albums_yy173_carver60_P2030010.jpg

ai789.photobucket.com_albums_yy173_carver60_P2030008.jpg

ai789.photobucket.com_albums_yy173_carver60_P2030006.jpg

VIDEO:

Last edited by a moderator:
It all looks good. Nice and clean install.

How do you like the Sound Off LED flood light? How well does the LIN4 to the front work for extra nighttime lighting? A Sound Off Ghost spotlight, Mighty Night Light, or another LED flood light might give you a little better light output for that purpose over the light with linear warning optics.

Kind of odd that B/A is snow removal colors. What all uses blue in their lighting combination's?

Off topic but, I always thought that is was odd to use green as a warning color for EMS. We do it here in IN and several other places in the states. People usually look at you like your crazy for running green because it is not a standard warning color people are accustomed to seeing or even taught to recognize. I also never understood using the different colors of green or blue in states that use those two different colors for fire or ems with neither granting a greater right of way. Why not just use blue for everyone if you are a blue light state to begin with. Thank goodness I'll be back in WV soon. We are a red light state (with sirens) and I won't have to worry about all that for myself. Anywho, end off topic, lol.

aberfitchguy2472 said:
How do you like the Sound Off LED flood light? How well does the LIN4 to the front work for extra nighttime lighting? A Sound Off Ghost spotlight, Mighty Night Light, or another LED flood light might give you a little better light output for that purpose over the light with linear warning optics.
Kind of odd that B/A is snow removal colors. What all uses blue in their lighting combination's?
I love the flood light, and I got it for a great price. It's only 500 lumens, but its perfect for what I need. The LIN4 isn't very bright, but at night its just enough extra light since the plow blocks the lower half of the headlights when its up, so the higher mounted light helps illuminate the entire road. I have plans to buy two more flood lights for the front of the ATV, but that wont be for a little while. I like the blue and amber combo, it distinguishes us from construction vehicles and tow trucks. Police also use red and blue in Ontario, but there aren't many problems with people pulling over for snowplows so the laws stay the same :p

Very nice. There is only 1 problem.... There is too much snow and now I'm cold! LMAO JK

I like the way you have the lights and the switches installed. Very professional. :yes:

Very nice. Looks well thought out as well. Also looks like you were having way too much fun!

Gotta say, this is by far one of the best setups I have seen in a long long time. Simple, effective, clean and professional. Not too much, not too little, just right! Nice work!

looks very nice i ride quads myself actually i race them. too see somethen like this is awsome. very nice and clean looking setup too. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I appreciate all the comments. I love my setup as well :D Yes I'm allowed to put blue to the front, but the last two years, instead of the two amber's to the front, I used two blue's. I would actually have people on occasion, believing I was an emergency vehicle and pulling over for me when I was riding behind them. My intentions aren't to impersonate, so to avoid that, I installed amber instead.

Here is my old setup from last year. Sorry for low quality:

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381