Can anyone identify this siren box?

I'm not sure if this is a CB radio or a Siren box although I lean towards siren box, either way, could anyone help me identify it? This picture is from 1993 so try and keep that in mind while guessing.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-08-21 at 7.47.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-08-21 at 7.47.01 PM.png
    145.4 KB · Views: 40
Apr 28, 2012
Knox County, ME
Looks like a old Motorola radio

Tango7

Jul 7, 2020
Chicago Metro Area
A quick look on FB found this one:

Ebay has a few of varying types as well.

CHIEFOPS

Jan 24, 2011
NYC
Thank you very much for clearing that up, are these hard to come by?
Dime a dozen.
But mating it to a working rear mount is gonna be a big project with radio, cable and programming, plus it won't be narrowband so that will limit it's usefulness.
I'm fairly certain you can mate it to a Micor instead so that negates programming but you still need crystals/channel elements which is also a hassle nowadays and you still have the narrowband issue to contend with.

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
That made me think of a General Electric radio control head that looks like a Power-Call/Siren with pushbuttons. I've got one of those, but I don't think it's intended for use in police patrol cars.

SoloRTP

May 22, 2011
NV, USA
I'm not sure if this is a CB radio or a Siren box although I lean towards siren box, either way, could anyone help me identify it? This picture is from 1993 so try and keep that in mind while guessing.
Motorola Syntor (better known to radio shops by such endearing names as Sucktor, Skeletor, etc). That could be the whole radio, or just a control head.

Unless you're trying to do a restore-for-show, it's not anything that you want to mess with. They can only be used on ham radio bands now, and they're a pain in the neck to configure for that.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.