Can I make something CA out of this?

JohnMarcson

Site Founder
Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Just won it on ebay for cheap... even though there is no steady burn, it made me think CA.

yankee.jpg

Thats pretty neat John, I saw it on ebay also, good catch I haven't seen a split red/amber yankee dome before.

Is it a double flash?

MIKET2 said:
Thats pretty neat John, I saw it on ebay also, good catch I haven't seen a split red/amber yankee dome before.
Is it a double flash?

Not sure... it should be here in a week. There is an all amber one on there too for $60

I've never seen a Yankee split-dome either. It almost looks like there's no seam, as if it's an all amber dome with one half of it colorized red (maybe the way unity did Spitfires).

LRGJr72 said:
I've never seen a Yankee split-dome either. It almost looks like there's no seam, as if it's an all amber dome with one half of it colorized red (maybe the way unity did Spitfires).
Yeah, the "seem" looks really clean....so clean that perhaps you are right and it was done spitfire style.

Wow that dome is a great find!

I guess you could canibalize the beacon by replacing the strobe with opposing Aerodynic PAR36 bulb holders, add a flasher to the amber side. Then find an identical blue Yankee beacon for the passenger side... mount them on an aluminum channel with a chrome siren in the middle... Would that be a CA Spec Visi-Yankee!??

I would have to do some research to verify, but I think strobes are much more loosely controlled than halogen and leds in T13.

Yeah, I just love those Yankee domes. They were all over the place around here when I was growing up ( A process that I still haven't perfected).

I just bought the amber one that he had.

As Dan, and I have said before, Amber front & Red rear was extremely common on tow trucks , snow plows, etc.

Looks to be the smaller Yankee dome. If that was large enough to fit a 354 four beam light, I would be on my way to Johns house to get it. :cool:

It got here today and the lense has no seam. It must be made the ultra-toxic unit spitfire way. It's double flash.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381