Cannon Idea

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
Since ive now installed a set of these I have a suggestion.

Could a cannon size/shape of the outer ring of the LED be made of a shiny tape, to help with light dispersion? I have noticed with my turn signal on, the hole where the cannon is very obvious when compared to the rest of the reflector...

A premade reflective tape piece would make the lost reflection less visible and may also help the cannons performance.

Reactions: tsquale

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
shinier

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
IF they wanted to offer such an option, they could probably use the same material as the decals used in avenger flashback shields. However, I question how much output is lost (if you cut the right size hole, I don't think it's a problem at all) and I don't foresee a thin decal sticking well to the inside of the a dome-shaped reflector (ie headlight housing) or holding up well in different temps. If you have proper placement of the LAW inside the reflector (and effective pattern), I don't think that there's anything else to do

Tom@Feniex

May 21, 2015
Austin, Texas
Jarred,

Although that may sound like a great idea however the majority of the end users typically use the foam gasket that would cover it. If you are interested on the effectiveness with the Cannons I would go with the Cannon 360. This will allow majority of the light to deflect off of your internal housing. 

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
I don't have a problem with light dispersion. You can see my install in that section for that lol.

It's my OCD with seeing a black dark spot when my turn signal is on or if the sun hits the reflector lol

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Are you talking about under the plastic or the black ring where that have the hole for mounting in it? 

Inside the lighthead I'm sure that would be pretty hard to do and sure that the lighthead was designed the way it is to achieve the optimal balance of performance, dispersion, heat dissipation.

How big of a hole did you drill?  I typically dont ever see black on the ones we do. In all honesty the holes we usually make are so close to the size of the lighthead we could probably not use any silicone or screws and they would stay mounted just fine. 

Not really sure I know which section of the lighthead you are talking about.

Reactions: Chris W

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
On one light head I grabbed the wrong hole saw and made it 1/4 to big but it still grabbed. Maybe what I'm thinking if would be mirroring the dome or the metal under neath ill post s pic when I get to a pc

Last edited by a moderator:

crt6mrt-265

May 23, 2010
Central NJ
On one light head I grabbed the wrong hole saw and made it 1/4 to big but it still grabbed. Maybe what I'm thinking if would be mirroring the dome or the metal under neath ill post s pic when I get to a pc
I know exactly what you mean.  The dome didn;t come through well enough on my last vehicle, so i made the hole bigger to get the whole piece through including the base. The heatshrink base area around the plastic lens housing the led's is black where the rest of the inside of the light housing is reflective silver. SO if i am thinking correctly you are thinking of making that black ring silver relflective?

Reactions: Jarred J.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
thats my "suggestion" 

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.