Caprice PTT steering wheel button hookup help

RecElect

Jan 26, 2011
Loveland, Colorado
2014 Chevy Caprice 9c1 with PTT option.

We are working on a bid and in the spec the customer has specd the PTT option on the steering wheel to be hooked up. OK fine, no problem. EXCEPT, I have never seen the option, nor know how it hooks up and cannot find it in the up fitters guide (probably blind and have skimmed over it 3 times...)

I assume it is a simple hookup, but I like knowing what we will be looking at before I send our final bid.

SO,

Has anyone ever hooked this feature up? and what is required to do it? I assume there is a set of wires somewhere that tie into the radio but where are they? It will be going into a APX6500 Motorola.

Thanks in advance!

Ben E.

May 21, 2010
Iowa, USA
Interesting. Never seen that either and we've built a bunch of Caprices. I wonder if it's only an option with Moto radios since there's a giant batwing logo on the button?

MESDA6

Jun 2, 2010
Central IL and PHX
Searching online there are a few indications that it's a Kerr Industries part. Probably upfitted in the vehicle by them, with you connecting the radio input to the provided wiring. i would call Kerr Industries and inquire about it. There doesn't seem to be any documentation online about the part itself.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.