Caprice sighting in maryland

mdlighting

Jul 20, 2011
PG county,MD
yesterday I saw a brand new caprice on 495 southbound around 202 does anybody know of any agency's using caprice's in Maryland the driver wasn't wearing a uniform so I couldn't tell

image-1021148560.jpg

mcpd2025

May 20, 2010
Maryland, USA
Montgomery County Police has a couple marked Caprices that they got to test. Ultimately we went with Chargers and Interceptors though. To my knowledge we don't have any unmarked, unless the chief or ass't chief snagged one.

Doug

May 23, 2010
Maryland
mdlighting said:
It's not private it's got the lights in the fenders and grill lights also 2 antennas on the trunk

I'd lay money it's my fire chief, in which case it's also got a Sound Off rear deck Pinnacle bar, as well as a brake/back-up flasher and Vertex in the blank spot next to the back-up lights.

mdlighting

Jul 20, 2011
PG county,MD
I couldn't see the rear bar but I bet it is yalls it looks really good we were gonna get one for my firehouse but we don't have the money to get anything let alone a new chiefs buggy

FGS

May 21, 2010
United States, Maryland
mcpd2025 said:
Montgomery County Police has a couple marked Caprices that they got to test. Ultimately we went with Chargers and Interceptors though. To my knowledge we don't have any unmarked, unless the chief or ass't chief snagged one.

I saw one of said Caprices for MCPD. Very nice looking car. Decal's different from the older cars I have seen around.

MCPD's Caprice 2013.JPG

Would you have any of the MCPD's history of their cars and lightbars?

mcpd2025

May 20, 2010
Maryland, USA
FGS said:
I saw one of said Caprices for MCPD. Very nice looking car. Decal's different from the older cars I have seen around.

Would you have any of the MCPD's history of their cars and lightbars?
Not really a fan of the Caprice and not a fan of the new insignia either... I don't have too much history about the cars.

Lightbars - We had Code 3 4 head rotators from the early 1990's until 1997. Bought ZERO new cars in 1998. Starting in 1999 we switched to Code 3 Excalibur strobe bars with 2 LEDX modules in the front and rear. In 2000 we tried out a couple Whelen 8 head strobe bars. In 2002 we went to Whelen B-Link mostly strobe with 2 led modules in the front and rear. Starting in 2003 we started to mix in Whelen Freedom bars, some fully populated, some depopulated. In 2006 we started to go to Whelen Liberty bars. Throughout we have mixed older bars back in with no real rhyme or reason.

Cars - We had Caprices and Crown Vics in the 1994-1996 years. In 1994 we switched from the triangular insignia to the county crest on the door. In 1997 we had Crown Vics and Luminas (those were horrible...). No new cars in 1998. In 1999 we only had Crown Vics. The second batch of cars in 1999 switched to the insignia with the black and gold stripe starting at the front wheel well. 2000-2003 we had Crown Vics and Impala's. 2004-2005 we had Crown Vics. 2006-2007 we had Crown Vics and V-6 Chargers. 2008 we had Crown Vics and Hemi Chargers. 2009 we had Crown Vics and Impalas. 2010 we had Crown Vics and Hemi Chargers. 2011 we bought a few more Crown Vics. 2012 we bought a few Caprices and Chargers and MY2013 Police Interceptors. 2012 was when we switched to the newest insignia. I don't like them, we look like a security company... But, much like a lot of other decisions they make, they didn't ask my input.

Rumor is that we are switching to a V-shaped LED bar that will allow all the forward facing LED's to switch to takedowns. I'm not sure what make or model yet, nor do I know exactly when the switch is coming. Our newest Liberty bars are fully populated 14 head bars with LED takedowns and alley lights, I am sure they cost a sh-t ton of money. The switch to the new bars is mainly due to lower cost.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.