Carlos SpicyWeiner's STILL Never-Ending Comment Contest

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
My source says, PCM Pin 68, gray/black wire. He's not positive though...

lol not sure i want to tap a PCM wire without knowing... I contacted the manufacturer of the device i'm installing and they told me it was on the side of the transmission in the round harness brown with green tracer... Problem is there isn't a brown and green. There is a brown and yellow (tried that and got nothing).

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
lol not sure i want to tap a PCM wire without knowing... I contacted the manufacturer of the device i'm installing and they told me it was on the side of the transmission in the round harness brown with green tracer... Problem is there isn't a brown and green. There is a brown and yellow (tried that and got nothing).

I hear you there and I don't blame you for not wanting to blindly try it.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
additionally there is absolutely nothing to show me pinouts anywhere.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
its only cause i havent been at work since friday... took the weekend off for christmas party, dinners, and a parade. plus my normal day off

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
We had our dept dinner last night. I like xmas and all but man, too many places trying to cram parties into one week.

Was supposed to do an install today on DC's 15 Tahoe but it got postponed. Went to Big R and bought a new chainsaw instead (insert diabolical laughing).

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
seriously nobody has posted in here since tuesday?

ive been to friggin busy at work this week to even really get on elightbars... even though it was "on" at my desk. workin a shift at he old job today and catching up on stuff

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Same here. Been crazy busy with work and other stuff.

hfdemt4095

Jul 1, 2014
Holliston ma
So I got a call from my buddy tonight, it's been almost 2 months since I've heard from him since he went off to basic training. He told me he got home only to find out someone broke into his shop (he is a light outfitter- Redline Industries out of York Maine) and stole all of the surface mount lights off of his vehicle which include
-2 SOS intersectors
-2 whelen dominator d2
-2 strobes n more e4
-4 strobes n more e3
-4 feniex cannons (2 out of the fog lights)
-1 40" led off road lightbar
-1 custom tow hook plate with 2 off road lights
-his tow hitch with lack up flood light
-his roof basket

And countless other lights around his shop... But the catch is, it wasn't a forced entry, either someone picked the lock or knew where his hidden spare key was.. So now he has a shitload of open holes all around his vehicle and he leaves again in 2 weeks

Man there are some shitty people out there.

wilsonbr90

Sep 30, 2013
Corning, New York
That is just plain low. Maybe I'm just old fashioned but what the hell is wrong with people today?!

Thankyou Nic for my shirt. I will wear it with pride!

Reactions: hfdemt4095

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
:rolleyes:Did you really just bump this thread? :rolleyes:

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Spent most of the rainy crappy day doing an install on a 15 'hoe. Man them things are sexy inside and out. Dodged the really bad weather, but it looks like Jared's area is in for some problems.

I'm still getting hit and miss notifications. I get the user fail "ring" thread notice but not here. Hope they get the forum software worked out soon.

Got MS Windows 10 install popup today.....still debating on whether to install it or not.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
yup areas around me have been hit good. 1 county lost their post office, got 2 confirmed dead in another area... im at our county ema office running the storm shelter net on the ham side...

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Holy sheet! Stay safe man......

J-Rock1944

Jun 26, 2013
Lexington, Kentucky
All I got was a bunch of rain and wind. It's been nice and quiet here in Lexington, KY.

My dog refused to go outside to use the bathroom because of the rain. She decided that pooping inside was the better choice. (Aussie logic.)

Reactions: Retired1

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
so the other night while the rest of the state was getting pounded we were joking around at our EMA office....

guess what happened yesterday..... the NWS believes it was a "skipping" EF - 0 heres the fun part if it had stayed on the ground long enough.. the place im sitting at wouldn't be here anymore... (or at least in 1 piece.)

the debrsi field is 100 yards wide by about 1/2 mile long. I cant take pictures due to work regulations... (but td bet it will be in tomorrows paper)

the actual tornado hit a business behind us roof and stacked some semi trailers on top of each other... then lifted up, jumped the fence row, and "hit" one of our buildings, then blew the glass out of another. when that happened it sucked the ceiling tiles out of the ceiling. we have a small shed over our recycling bin that has been twisted and a HVAC unit blown off its pad.

if yesterday was a work day for these plants itd might have been worse with vehicles everywhere...

Retired1

Jun 1, 2010
Woodward County, OK
It looks like the eastern USA (east of Oklahoma) got hit hard. I am glad that you are okay. I hope the rest of our members are also.

We are several hours into the beginning of a two day blizzard. Brrr. I am trying to remember why I left Texas (40 degrees warmer there - at the moment)?

Edit: I have been without power for most of the afternoon and evening. I just read the news - add TX to the list of storm ravaged areas.

Last edited:

J-Rock1944

Jun 26, 2013
Lexington, Kentucky
It looks like the eastern USA (east of Oklahoma) got hit hard. I am glad that you are okay. I hope the rest of our members are also.

We are several hours into the beginning of a two day blizzard. Brrr. I am trying to remember why I left Texas (40 degrees warmer there

Edit: I have been without power for most of the afternoon and evening. I just read the news - add TX to the list of storm ravaged areas.

Meanwhile, back in Central Kentucky....

Uhhh...it rained, and got a little windy.

Retired1

Jun 1, 2010
Woodward County, OK
New day here. Power has been on all night (a good thing - toilet flushes when power is on). Temp is 24 with 45 mph wind. 8" on the ground (not counting the drifts) and still at least 6 hours away from the start of the blizzard. Another couple inches of snowfall and my Arctic Cat will be sidelined (the belly pan skid plates will cause it to high center with all 4 wheels off the ground). I should have bought a utility SxS UTV with a plow instead of a performance model..... Its a good thing that we are ready to be snowed in for a week. The only real challenge is for my wife to get to the barn so she can feed the barn cats and the one skunkling that has survived several of my assassination attempts (hence, the desire to use the UTV instead of trying to walk). TV has had continuous storm coverage but will stop to show the football game. Unfortunately, not the Panthers game.....

Last edited:

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Trade ya. We're flooding here. Been begging the snow gods for the last week and no response yet. Maybe you're getting what I asked for, my bad, lol.

EricTheNerd

Apr 1, 2014
Vermont
Same here...looking for snow and we get greeted with more and more rain. Calling for up to 8" on Tuesday (so they say) so there may be a light at the end of the tunnel yet!

J-Rock1944

Jun 26, 2013
Lexington, Kentucky
We're starting to get localized flooding. KYOEM keeps messaging me about flash flood zones popping up all through the county. Oh, it's also 68F and otherwise pleasent. -___-

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
its dry today and in the 70s...

toilets that need power to flush?

except that our local newspaper is a bunch of non grammatical idiots, heres the story... also ive never heard of an EF 6 tornado....:rolleyes:

http://www.t-g.com/story/2262619.html

Retired1

Jun 1, 2010
Woodward County, OK
When you live in a rural area, you often have to provide your own water by having a well and a septic tank. Modern wells require an electric pump to bring the water to the surface then push it through the plumbing in the house, all the way to the toilets. That is what we have.

No electricity = no push. No push = no flush*.

PS: We do keep gallon containers of water in each bathroom for use to emergency refill toilet tanks during times when electric service is likely to be disrupted and the need is great..

PS 2: We do have an emergency generator, but it is not automatic and requires a long cable to be plugged into the meter box. I will not stand in a 3 foot snowdrift or in a driving rain and open up that meter box cover to plug in that cable. Chicken Little here.

PS 3: Because I am still stuck in bed without being able to walk very far or use my hands for more than a few minutes at a time (Read: my wife would have to plug in the cable and pull start the generator by herself and that is not a pleasant thing) connecting the generator to the house is an option we have so far avoided. God bless the NorthWest Electric Coop for doing the fantastic job they do in keeping my power outages to a minimum.

* = Actually, there is one flush available during a power outage. It is the refill of the tank, after making that flush, that does not happen without electricity or manual refill.

Last edited:

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
ok that makes more sense...

you need a bigger pressure tank on your well. also look into the 110 volt with 12v solar back up as well as a manual pump.... you know for "doomsday" and all that

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
Dispatching for 14...supposed to get 10+ inches of snow today in to the night...and I'm on the boo boo bus after dispatch. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Lucky dog. We are currently getting big rain still. Flood warning since Saturday night and is supposed to end at 1545hrs today.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.