Casey Anthony Trial

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
FireEMSPolice said:
Oh God, not here too. Lock this up!

Agreed! I hear enough of this mess when my wife watches Nancy Grace.

gfpd26

May 21, 2010
Greenville, IL
My stepmom stopped by my house the other day just to ask my opinion on it... Um.. my answer was "Its not here and I dont care...."

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
I have been following the trial, I just dont see enough evidence given by the state to find a guilty verdict in my opinion. If she done it I hope she rots for it but I just have not seen the evidence for it.

FireGuru

May 3, 2011
CENTRAL OHIO
fireman616wfd said:
I have been following the trial, I just dont see enough evidence given by the state to find a guilty verdict in my opinion. If she done it I hope she rots for it but I just have not seen the evidence for it.

Unfortunately, I agree ... and something more seems to be missing here. Just sad .... sad.

Jan 20, 2011
Lake of the Ozarks
Pimp said:
Agreed! I hear enough of this mess when my wife watches Nancy Grace.

I HATE NANCY GRACE!!!! She seems so fake! I catch a glimpse of it on HLN every once in a while, but I'm not hardcore into it. I think she's guilty though. And the gal that was cheating with the Grandfather, was lying when she was talking about Caylee. Body language was killing her. She was in it for the money from the National Inquirer.

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
Seems like they came to a verdict... we shall see in a few minutes.

Edit: Not Guilty... No comment.

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
This is why i wonder sometimes why i am a cop if the justice system screws things up in the end and lets them go..............

Now we must endure the lifetime network movie and the best seller book she is going to come out with and make her a milionaire.....

Hope the devil has fun with her.

Lazzati

May 22, 2010
Salem County NJ
Casey Anthony gets off of the murder charges and only has 3 accounts of false information to a law enforcement officer with a sentence of 4 years. But now she might not do that because of the time she already did..... ONLY in America!

TCO

May 21, 2010
Malvern,Pa
this just in,, Casey Anthony seen fleeing the courthouse in a white bronco and leading police on a low speed chase!!!!!!!.

only in this day and age could these people keep getting away with stuff. :duh:

Last edited by a moderator:

TCO

May 21, 2010
Malvern,Pa
yea i was thinkin Oj when i was typing hence the bronco comment,i knew it was in Florida but did not notice what i typed till now

LawrenceM1993

Jun 2, 2010
Saratoga NY/Norfolk VA
TCO said:
only in this day and age could these people keep getting away with stuff. :duh:

This is why you shoot them when you have the chance xD

But seriously, America needs to get it's head out of it's ass.

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
Florida O.J. The new Kool Aid of sheep.

wkr518

May 22, 2010
42.791127, -73.679758
I hope the State decides to get her Spayed at least to prevent a recurrence of bad parenting choices

EVT

May 24, 2010
Midwest
FireEMSPolice said:
Oh God, not here too. Lock this up!

x2!!!!!!!!!

I was sooooo pissed when myShawn Hannity show got interupted for this crap!!! Happens all time, who cares about this one case?

RMBROWN

May 20, 2010
Brooklyn.MI
IMO she got off scott free which i think is a bunch of bull shit!!!!!!!! :hissyfit:

K9Vic

May 23, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
I cannot believe they interrupted Judge Judy for that trial verdict. Now I do not know if that girl will have to pay the $1500 for due rent, damn this sucks.

Ben E.

May 21, 2010
Iowa, USA
Where's the "who gives a fuck" option? With all the work I put into building cases as a cop only to have them get fucked up by the prosecutor or some bigwig lying sack of shit defense attorney, I couldn't care less about this dumb bitch.

cory y

May 21, 2010
Ben E. said:
Where's the "who gives a fuck" option? With all the work I put into building cases as a cop only to have them get fucked up by the prosecutor or some bigwig lying sack of shit defense attorney, I couldn't care less about this dumb bitch.

+1 :duh:

FireEMSPolice

May 21, 2010
Ohio
Ben E. said:

This!!

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
Ben E. said:

Please, don't hold back... :eek:

Ipuvaepe

Jun 25, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
stop_bumping_'dis_thread (it's okay 'cause it's already near the top, hehe :p )

Seriously. Justice was done people. The prosecution failed to meet their burden of proof in primary charges, and as such there was reasonable doubt that she may not have done it, therefor she must have been found guilty. It's over. Those of you that QQ over it, just be satisfied with the fact that she is now disqualified from firearm ownership and may face up to 4 years for the four charges she was found guilty of. Honestly I'm glad she wasn't found guilty. It would have lowered the bar for conviction.

For 'tis better to let a million guilty men go free than to let one innocent man be incarcerated. Though, I do fear this may cause backlash in the community and people may support change in lowering the burden of proof because of this.

SPMRC

Jun 10, 2011
Lubbock, Texas
Didn't follow it.

I read Wikipedia to get an update what you are talking about.

Looks like the perfect murder, so the law has to let her go.

FireEMSPolice

May 21, 2010
Ohio
Ipuvaepe said:
may face up to 4 years for the four charges she was found guilty of.

She could walk out of there today a free woman with time served. Remember, she has already served 3 years waiting for her trial.

Ipuvaepe

Jun 25, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
FireEMSPolice said:
She could walk out of there today a free woman with time served. Remember, she has already served 3 years waiting for her trial.

Probably, I doubt she'd get the max.

jdh

May 21, 2010
Geneva, FL
Ipuvaepe said:
stop_bumping_'dis_thread (it's okay 'cause it's already near the top, hehe :p )

Seriously. Justice was done people. The prosecution failed to meet their burden of proof in primary charges, and as such there was reasonable doubt that she may not have done it, therefor she must have been found guilty. It's over. Those of you that QQ over it, just be satisfied with the fact that she is now disqualified from firearm ownership and may face up to 4 years for the four charges she was found guilty of. Honestly I'm glad she wasn't found guilty. It would have lowered the bar for conviction.

For 'tis better to let a million guilty men go free than to let one innocent man be incarcerated. Though, I do fear this may cause backlash in the community and people may support change in lowering the burden of proof because of this.

How would this make her "disqualified from firearm ownership"? She is not a convicted felon. It will disqualify her for a CCW, and an expungement.

Ipuvaepe

Jun 25, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
jdh said:
How would this make her "disqualified from firearm ownership"? She is not a convicted felon. It will disqualify her for a CCW, and an expungement.

Conviction of a felony or a misdemeanor that carries a maximum sentence of at least one year. Not sentenced to over a year, what the maximum penalty was.

Under Florida Statute 837.05, one who "gives false information to any law enforcement officer concerning the alleged commission of any crime, commits a misdemeanor of the first degree."

837.05 said:
(1) Except as provided in subsection (2), whoever knowingly gives false information to any law enforcement officer concerning the alleged commission of any crime, commits a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

(2) Whoever knowingly gives false information to a law enforcement officer concerning the alleged commission of a capital felony, commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

775.082 said:
(a) For a misdemeanor of the first degree, by a definite term of imprisonment not exceeding 1 year;

775.082 said:
(d) For a felony of the third degree, by a term of imprisonment not exceeding 5 years.

Which is odd, because 837.05 also states that when concerning a "capital felony", it is no longer a misdemeanor of the first degree and becomes a felony of the third degree, I wonder why that was not the case. Though, maybe it is the case and the source I first heard the jury's verdict from was wrong, and she was indeed found guilty of a third degree felony under 837.05 section B rather than A.

Can we please stop playing lawyer now? It's a major buzzkill...

Also, I submit my motion to move to The Ring.

FireEMSPolice

May 21, 2010
Ohio
She was just sentenced to 1 year, with credit for time served. She will be out in Summer of 2012. She has to pay $1000 per charge of lieing to an LEO.

jdh

May 21, 2010
Geneva, FL
All I want to know is how does a misdemeanor conviction makes her ineligible to legally obtain a fire arm. It is my understanding, that you can be charged with a felony(s), but as long as you are NOT convicted, “judication withheld”, you can still legally own.

Jasonc

May 29, 2010
obx nc
Ipuvaepe said:
Conviction of a felony or a misdemeanor that carries a maximum sentence of at least one year. Not sentenced to over a year, what the maximum penalty was.

Under Florida Statute 837.05, one who "gives false information to any law enforcement officer concerning the alleged commission of any crime, commits a misdemeanor of the first degree."

Which is odd, because 837.05 also states that when concerning a "capital felony", it is no longer a misdemeanor of the first degree and becomes a felony of the third degree, I wonder why that was not the case. Though, maybe it is the case and the source I first heard the jury's verdict from was wrong, and she was indeed found guilty of a third degree felony under 837.05 section B rather than A.

Can we please stop playing lawyer now? It's a major buzzkill...

Also, I submit my motion to move to The Ring.

It's for crimes with prison time EXCEEDING one year, not UP TO one year. She can still own a gun.

Fluffy126577

May 24, 2010
Toledo, OH
FireEMSPolice said:
She was just sentenced to 1 year, with credit for time served. She will be out in Summer of 2012. She has to pay $1000 per charge of lieing to an LEO.

She is going to be released July 13.

From MSNBC News;

ORLANDO — Casey Anthony was sentenced to four years in jail Thursday for lying to investigators, but she will be released July 13 due to credit for time served and good behavior, the court said.

Anthony, 25, was found guilty of four counts of lying to investigators and sentenced to a year in prison for each count. She was also fined $1,000 on each count.

Judge Belvin Perry, while giving her the maximum sentence, said Anthony would be able to get out early because...

Court: Casey Anthony to be released July 13 - US news - Crime & courts - msnbc.com

Ipuvaepe

Jun 25, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Jasonc said:
It's for crimes with prison time EXCEEDING one year, not UP TO one year. She can still own a gun.

Have a neighbor who served two months for a misdemeanor here in PA. The maximum penalty was a year. He went to a Philly gun show a few months ago (the misdemeanor was about 3-4 years previous), and when the dealer ran the standard FFL check, his had been suspended (That was the word he used, "suspended"). Was later told this was why. So, good sir, I beg to differ.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gasman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.