Cavalier POV

Apr 28, 2013
New York/Mass
strobecrazy said:
The lower grille lights dont look like they do any good being that low. Maybe move them to the sides for intersection lights.

Agreed, I'd move them to the sides, and then maybe for lower warning put in a dash light. Also, not a fan of split light heads.

Otherwise, I love the pattern on the ILB, nice a simple, large light blocks.

CodeMan

Dec 27, 2012
Central Florida
strobecrazy said:
The lower grille lights dont look like they do any good being that low. Maybe move them to the sides for intersection lights.

I 100% agree, ;)

Pfire472

Apr 18, 2014
South Georgia
strobecrazy said:

They are not linear light heads. Thinking about getting the Apollo F6 in solid red to go in their place.

Pfire472

Apr 18, 2014
South Georgia
proudfirefighter said:
Also, not a fan of split light heads.
Otherwise, I love the pattern on the ILB, nice a simple, large light blocks.

I'm not a fan either, but it's what I could afford at the time. Gonna replace all split heads with solid red. As far as the ILB goes, that actually came from a company that isn't too loved on these boards, but again, it's what was affordable. My budget has gotten bigger so overall gonna do a total revamp.

Pfire472

Apr 18, 2014
South Georgia
Flashguy said:
Can the split heads be sync'd? If so, slow them down and sync them. Also slow down and alternate flash the HAW's. Are you able to run a HLF?

They can be sync'd, the front are and the rear won't stay sync'd all the time, they do it when they please.

I haven't been able to figure out how to alternate the HAWs, the instructions that were given to me don't work, plus I am waiting on new cannons to replace them anyway.

As for the HLF, I'm still debating on that, which is why I asked for comments and suggestions.

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
As others have said, move the grill lights to the side. Your car is low enough as it is, so I think a dash light would be just as pointless as the grill lights. I would get rid of the license plate lights as well because they are pretty low and too close together to truly be effective.

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
Flashguy said:
A HLF is the cheapest and most effective warning (for the money.) Do it.

False. A halogen dual rotator minibar up top would be better. Like a Highlighter or Turbo beam. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

To the OP, if you do some searching of the forums, I KNOW theres a few Cavalier installs. May or may not be some other cool and effective ideas in them.

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
Flashguy said:
Really? $30 for a HLF... :rolleyes:

Yeah, because NOBODY sells old halogen minibars for $30 or less.

And since it gets the light up higher, where people can see it...

Really.

CodeMan

Dec 27, 2012
Central Florida
Pfire472 said:

Ok revisiting the video, slow the corner lights down a bit. Maybe just quad alternating flash. 60fpm to 90fpm, is the optimal number of flashes per light to attract attention and not look busy.. ;)

move grill lights to side door rear windows remove tag lights.

Windshield light is great as its getting attention!

Rear window light and tail lights alone are a good combo!

If you decide on a mini light bar consider perm mounting it, I've seen those magnet mount models go flying off the car on the interstate, it aint pretty and may cause a accident.. ;)

REMEMBER more is not always better!!!

This is the best thread when wanting to properly set of your POV, whether volley, security, or anyone needing warning lights on their vehicle....

http://elightbars.org/forums/f13/illustrated-guide-adequate-lighting-30112/

Lastly, there are plenty of knowledgeable install folks here and wont steer you wrong.. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:

Pfire472

Apr 18, 2014
South Georgia
Ok, so taking into consideration what I've heard so far, this is my plan...

ILB stays as it is.

Corner HAWs are being upgraded to Cannons all the way around.

Grill lights and tags light will be removed.

2 new Feniex Apollo F6 will be installed under each side mirror as intersecters.

Rear deck light will remain supplemented by the two tag lights I removed.

HLF will be added "pending approval"....lol

How's that sound?

codycat91

Feb 17, 2011
NY
Pfire472 said:
Amber only, GA doesn't allow any blue unles LE.

Ah that stinks. Blue is such a helpful color. Up here in NY, they're actually pretty lenient on rear warning. Seeing more and more tow trucks with a single red/blue light to the rear to compliment their amber, and it definitely does help to stand out. Front color is very strict however

Pfire472

Apr 18, 2014
South Georgia
jhallgren22 said:
I like the new plan. I just don't like small cars. :bonk:

Well considering I drive 90miles round trip to work everyday, that small car saves me big$$ on fuel. Not to mention I am only 1 of about 6 active first responders in this part of the county. Whole lots better than a big V8.

Pfire472

Apr 18, 2014
South Georgia
So lm ready to install me new R/w cannons in front corner markers when I notice something. If I put them in place of turn signal bulb, the white will actually flash Amber, which mean R/A flash. Do you guys think this will look ok or do I need to just install them in the housing so it stays R/W?

May 21, 2010
LKN, NC
I like it. You did a good job with what you had. I wouldn't mess with it.

Also, I am not a fan of Cavaliers, but your car looks like its been kept in good condition. Kudos to you.

Pfire472

Apr 18, 2014
South Georgia
jcpse said:
I'd spend the money you plan to use on new equipment on a down payment for a new ride.

I have another ride thank you very much. But I don't wanna put the mileage and torment on a new vehicle that cost me $350 a month with payment and full coverage insurance when this car is paid off and has very little upkeep. Not everyone in the world has the ability to have multiple new vehicles or tell other how they need a new one. My recommendation is if you don't like what me or anyone else drives, keep the comment to yourself!

Nov 7, 2011
New England
Pfire472 said:
I have another ride thank you very much. But I don't wanna put the mileage and torment on a new vehicle that cost me $350 a month with payment and full coverage insurance when this car is paid off and has very little upkeep. Not everyone in the world has the ability to have multiple new vehicles or tell other how they need a new one. My recommendation is if you don't like what me or anyone else drives, keep the comment to yourself!

You are putting words in my mouth that I never said my friend. I was giving you the tip because my brother has a cavalier and it's been trouble for him ever since he got it. He's dumped thousands into it and its still sucking him dry. As a fellow board member I wouldn't want to see u fall into the same trap. Especially with all the "mileage and torment" you claim to subject your personal vehicle(s) to.

But If you'd rather take it as a personal attack, be my guest.

Pfire472

Apr 18, 2014
South Georgia
I didn't take it as a personal attack. Just the way it was worded made it seem as a comment not worded as a "tip". And just for knowledge, I have had the car since it was new with 26 miles on it. It now has 363,000 miles. The only thing I have had problems with were...well none. Only thing I have ever done was basic fluid maintenances and tires and brake. It doesn't have engine noises nor does it smoke. I'd say it was well worth my money. And I will drive it til it blows sky high.

As for my other vehicle, it sits in the garage 5 of 7 days a week. No use in putting miles on a car when that's what the cavalier is for.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KeystoneDiesel

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.