Cavalier

JPolston

Mar 27, 2012
Indiana, USA
This is my Cavalier I have referred to quite a few times on the site. Don't have much in it yet, but don't plan on putting much in it anyways.

Currently "installed"(plan to hardline these in a week or so):

Front: AWL Venom in b/w

Rear: STL Dual Pro in b/w( :eek: yes white to the rear)

To be installed:

Side: 2 AWL T3s in rear passenger windows.

AWL RX-Series controller. Will be installed most likely under and to the left of the steering wheel.

Will post more as I get the install done.

Also, new paint job to come lol.

Quickstep80

May 30, 2012
Europe
From my point of view, a bit too much clear to the front. Personally I'd prefer an all blue interior bar with flashing takedowns.

As for the rear, I'd suggest going all blue or blue/amber.

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
You look like you got the Venom mounted up there pretty well, it looks very good. My favorite patterns are the in-out patterns on the Venom

efdny2003

Apr 18, 2011
united states, ny
I definitely think it's way to much clear to the front and as it is I don't think there's to much you can do even if you changed the flash pattern. Maybe if the blue and clear were mixed throughout the entire bar, or it was all blue with clear takedowns it would look ten fold better. As far as the rear I would agree with either all blue or mix of blue/amber.

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
It's a 4-cylinder go-cart (hey, no sarcasm here, I used to drive K-cars :yes: ), so don't overdo it. It should look as if the emergency equipment is intelligently installed on a small car, not as if the car is loosely attached to a container-load of blinkies...

IMH the headliner LEDs is already going overboard... :weird:

A dual-something in the RVM or on dash, another on deck, some grille/HAW and you are set to go without looking ridiculous.

Just sayin man... It's your car in the end...

JPolston

Mar 27, 2012
Indiana, USA
Thanks for the recommendations everyone. I have already swapped my venom to an in-out pattern and I am looking into a light amber tape to go over the white on my rear light. Has to be light because I dont want it to look, well, more stupid than it's going to.

As for going overboard, I respectfully disagree. I can get you a recording of "overboard." There's a guy in my EMT class who has a Subaru smaller than my cavalier who has a venom, a mini lightbar on top, 4 grille lights, front and rear intersection warning, and 4 lights in the rear. THAT's overboard lol. I'm adding adding those 2 T3's and while I agree it may look kind of funny on a rink-a-dink car like mine, I intend of getting a new car here reasonably soon and moving them to that. I bought easily transferable lights that will have no drilling for a reason. There is a method to my madness. :undecided:

I will upload another video here soon when I can get that tape onto my rear light and hopefully can get my T3s in.

More input is always appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

NBFC46

May 26, 2010
Amherst NY
I have a Venom as well and I went with a b/w mix instead of solid blue on one side and solid white on the other. But, it doesn't matter with those two colors mixed. They are bright either way and mixed or not, will be annoying to anyone your behind. And as far as using a Cavalier, it's your car. Be happy you have one and do what YOU want to it. I do installs where I live and I talk people out of over doing their cars all the time. People think the more lights the better. And that's a horrible idea. To be honest, what I find that works the best, is spacing lights out and out line the vehicle as best you can to show size and position of the vehicle so that when someone is driving up onto a scene (personal, fire, police, civilian), they know exactly where the vehicle(s) are and which way they are facing and maybe even give some sort of direction for them to fallow. As far as white being rear facing, I see a lot of that lately and really, all it does is confuse people. I don't know what you are aloud to run (every state/county is different), but in the rear i would suggest blue/amber, blue/blue, blue/red. Blue/white is really confusing for civilians to figure out what you are doing. And another thing that a lot of fire departments around where I live are doing is putting blue on the right side of the rear of the vehicle. 90% of the time, you are parking the vehicle legally, and if you are parking illegally, most the time, you parking facing oncoming traffic. So really, blue on the right side doesn't do much. Blue should be placed on the left (driver) side of the vehicle for prime warning. Take what you will from my post. Just thought I would drop some of my knowledge on your thread.

JPolston

Mar 27, 2012
Indiana, USA
NBFC46 said:
I have a Venom as well and I went with a b/w mix instead of solid blue on one side and solid white on the other. But, it doesn't matter with those two colors mixed. They are bright either way and mixed or not, will be annoying to anyone your behind. And as far as using a Cavalier, it's your car. Be happy you have one and do what YOU want to it. I do installs where I live and I talk people out of over doing their cars all the time. People think the more lights the better. And that's a horrible idea. To be honest, what I find that works the best, is spacing lights out and out line the vehicle as best you can to show size and position of the vehicle so that when someone is driving up onto a scene (personal, fire, police, civilian), they know exactly where the vehicle(s) are and which way they are facing and maybe even give some sort of direction for them to fallow. As far as white being rear facing, I see a lot of that lately and really, all it does is confuse people. I don't know what you are aloud to run (every state/county is different), but in the rear i would suggest blue/amber, blue/blue, blue/red. Blue/white is really confusing for civilians to figure out what you are doing. And another thing that a lot of fire departments around where I live are doing is putting blue on the right side of the rear of the vehicle. 90% of the time, you are parking the vehicle legally, and if you are parking illegally, most the time, you parking facing oncoming traffic. So really, blue on the right side doesn't do much. Blue should be placed on the left (driver) side of the vehicle for prime warning. Take what you will from my post. Just thought I would drop some of my knowledge on your thread.

I agree that "less is more," that's why I'm just installing my T3s on my sides and no more lights will be put on my car. I actually just showed my Venom to a couple guys on my dept. after our meeting and they all loved it. One of them plans on ordering one within the week for his truck.(there ya go, Tom) Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I live 30 seconds away from the dept. so some say I don't even need blues, some(like a couple on here) say the Venom is a bit much, and some say what I have looks good. I must say I am with the latter and as I said, once my T3s are in on the sides for warning on all sides, I'm done. I've stated before the reason I have the lights is because we always seem to get a call when I'm not home and I have repeatedly had to flip a U-ey and head to the station. I learned quickly that I need front and rear warning, and being that my dept. covers a portion of I-70, and the fact that I work right next to the exit-on ramps, I have had to POV onto interstate runs so I really want to have side warning for if I have to park awkwardly. I have also used my car to block a road while setting up a life-line(helicopter medic unit) landing pad. I fully intend to replace my rear light at some point with a 4x warning bar of some sort. When, I do not know because that takes money lol.

Again, more input or advice is ALWAYS appreciated.

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
Sounds to me as you are overdoing your rationale as much as your car.

No need to rationalize, just say you like blinkies on your wheels, we understand that here! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New in state!

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.