CC Sapphire w/CCSRN3 controller issue

Carlsson

Jun 4, 2010
Norway
Hi Guys

I`ve moved over my Legacy with the Whelen Cencom Sapphire over to my new Ford Ranger pick up and I`ve now come across some issues.
The Sapphire box is responsive as I can connect with its USB. And there is 12V. I can extract and transfer settings.
However, my controller won`t work, I`m not sure if something might have happened to either the cable or the controller, it all worked fine when I took it off the old car. No signal.
It shouldn`t got anything to do with it, but it hasn`t been operated in approx 4 months. Guess that`s not the reason.
Everything seems to work fine except the controller and therefore not the lightbar either.
If the cable somehow got broken, can I use a standard "ethernet" cable or are they special made?
All fuses are intact.

Thanks

Carlsson

Jun 4, 2010
Norway
I´ve now checked the cable to the controller, it`s not it. There are power to the CC, but no LED indicators on power etc works, guess I can access the CC via USB regardless of power? I´ll have to do a recheck on the wiring

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
It would make sense that your computer can communicate with your CenCom Sapphire despite the trouble you are having. The USB standard specifies that the host must provide 5 volts on the VBUS pin.

In a nutshell, the power that the CenCom Sapphire needs in order for it to communicate with a computer comes from the computer via the USB cable.

Reactions: Carlsson

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caldwell205

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.