CDM 1250 help

NC lawdog

Sep 12, 2010
North Carolina
Ok radio gurus, I need some guidance. I have a Motorola CDM 1250 in a 2009 Charger. I'm getting what I think is alternator interference when transmitting (only happens w/ engine running) There are several other vehicle w/ the same setup and are not having this problem. What are my options?

check your ground and coax to start..........but also check on batlabs, seems this was a common occurence in chargers !!!

Does the car have HID headlights? Sometimes they will cause interference.

PC Comms said:
Does the car have HID headlights? Sometimes they will cause interference.

No HID lights. I'm pretty sure it's the alternator because it only happens when the vehicle is running and gets worse with more electrical equipment running. I'm going to try running a different antenna cable and moving the ground to see if that helps. I didn't do the install and don't know much about radios so this should be an adventure!

NC lawdog said:
Ok radio gurus, I need some guidance. I have a Motorola CDM 1250 in a 2009 Charger. I'm getting what I think is alternator interference when transmitting (only happens w/ engine running) There are several other vehicle w/ the same setup and are not having this problem. What are my options?
PM coming your way that should help.

Is the radio (both positive and negative) wired directly to the battery? (Not the fuse box) And, is there an ignition sense lead coming off of the 16 pin connector on the back of the radio?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381