Cencom Sapphire Won't do Anything

DaveCN5

May 22, 2010
South East Michigan
I have a brand new Cencom Sapphire. Got it wired up and it doesn't do anything. Used test light and the main power harness is getting power after my inline fuses. Checked all the fuses on the 'brain'; all are good. Unplugged the extension for the control head and plugged the control head into the brain directly; nothing. No outputs turn on at all and no lights at all. Went back and read the installation instructions word for word (I know, shocker) and couldn't find any errors and even made sure all the harnesses are plugged into the correct ports.

I am rather confused at this point. My only thought is to try and export a profile from the software, but I figure there should be a default one programmed already. Not to mention my laptop crapped out on me and of course my girlfriend has a Mac with no USB ports.....

Any ideas? My work schedule is so messed up that I can never get the time to call Whelen Tech during business hours. HELP!

:crazy:

Last edited by a moderator:

tvsjr

Oct 7, 2012
TX
You have ignition sense (red/black) and backlight (white/black) tied to +12 as well, correct?

wilmfire

Sep 11, 2013
vermont
You do have to program the unit to get it to work.  The only defaults are the siren functions.

I too think it's something with the ignition sense wire.  Also, make sure you seated the connector for the control head correctly.

Sorry to read about your 'puter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htamboli

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.