CFD MARS Skybolt Lightbar / Video added-

fireball3

Oct 25, 2010
Lyon, France
I received this bar, who will join my collection, it was installed on a police car from the city of Streator, Illinois, in the 70's.

I received it with a loudspeaker signal CP Federal-100 that I replaced with light of 888 MARS.

Cyril

aimg11.hostingpics.net_pics_4022741000724.jpg

aimg11.hostingpics.net_pics_4687841000745.jpg

aimg11.hostingpics.net_pics_9680851000743.jpg

aimg11.hostingpics.net_pics_372066100B0800.jpg

aimg11.hostingpics.net_pics_7038321000821.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Wigwam700

May 25, 2011
New York Adirondacks US
Cyril,

thank you very much for sharing this with us here.(Merci Beacoup) It is a very cool and interisting set up. Can you show a front on photo as well?

Thanks

Todd:D:hail:

Wigwam700

May 25, 2011
New York Adirondacks US
pc0k894 said:
Interesting that a police car would have had an 888 light instead of a siren speaker. This looks more like a fire department application.

He said he replaced the speaker with a Mars 888, that is what made it so cool. :D

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Pop in a green light in the pass side flasher and a clear bulb in the 888 and I'll drool my keyboard away...

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Respondcode3 said:
Bar built from parts and installed by Me..

That's the ticket.....

Finn

Jul 6, 2010
Virginia
What a beauty! "She" is not only warning equipmet - "she" is a real pice of art! So sad that stuff like this is not produced any more!

You are lucky to be able to call you an owner of a pice like that.

Aerobat

Feb 11, 2012
New Mexico, USA
Wonderful! :thumbsup: :popcorn:

As a kid I always loved going down to Chicago and seeing that set-up, our local PD/FD cars used a single Beacon Ray and a pair of lolli's which was pretty boring by comparison. Some engines used 888's & AB's so it wasn't all bad, but I always loved the CFD cars the best.

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
Cyril, that Mars bar is so nice I don't even know what to write.... :D

I think not even Mars Aurora Borealis are this rare! Hang on tight to this baby!

Congratulations on this beauty! :thumbsup: !!!!!!

badge22

Aug 14, 2010
MI, United States
Way cool!

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
First words out of my mouth upon seeing pics:

"Gee...wha... Woooooooow....Holy crap!"

Very, very nice MARS bar there, Cyril. Magnifique!!!

EngCo4

Oct 12, 2010
USA Virginia
Since we have a few of our European friends here on

this thread, I would like to pose a question.

I notice that European Emergency Vehicles (both Police

and Fire) seem to have very minimalistic warning and

lighting systems. Being as Europe is a ver populated and

congested continent where the potential for collisions

would be higher, I would think the you all would want to

light those vehicles up with everything you could find!

Same with sirens! I would think that Federal Qs would be

king over there! (I know about the left-over feelings about

air raid sirens).

Here in the US things are becoming more crowded and people

seem to be becoming more....uh...let me find the right word...

OH! YES! ... STUPID! so we tend to light up, paint and

make as much noise as we can so we WON'T get run into!

(Personally based on over 4 decades of emergency work).

Comments? Am always interested in learning!

I correspond with quite a few folks in Britain, Germany, France,

Spain, Finland and even Poland! It seems that there is a certain

"sameness" to EVs and that warning systems are pretty minimal.

However, I do see advances being made with graphics/reflectivity.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

fireball3

Oct 25, 2010
Lyon, France
Big thank you to all for your comments!

After crossing the Atlantic, my biggest fear was to receive the items destroyed, but fortunately, as you can see, she arrived in good condition, the sender has done a good job in the package!

John, it's amazing that you mention it, but I was just thinking the same thing as you, after installing the 888 and to display it to the original CFD, I will install a green bulb on the passenger side!

do you know why this version is three bulbs while in the other versions is 2 bulbs? Thanks

Cyril

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
fireball3 said:
Big thank you to all for your comments!

After crossing the Atlantic, my biggest fear was to receive the items destroyed, but fortunately, as you can see, she arrived in good condition, the sender has done a good job in the package!

John, it's amazing that you mention it, but I was just thinking the same thing as you, after installing the 888 and to display it to the original CFD, I will install a green bulb on the passenger side!

do you know why this version is three bulbs while in the other versions is 2 bulbs? Thanks

Cyril

The bar is drool worthy no matter what setup. It's really cool that you were able to get that shiiped onver seas. The 3 bulb rotators were just another version or option, I'm not sure whether it was for flash rate increase or so you could do 3 different colors.... but the 3 bulb ones are less common.

kadetklapp

May 21, 2010
Indiana
JohnMarcson said:
The bar is drool worthy no matter what setup. It's really cool that you were able to get that shiiped onver seas. The 3 bulb rotators were just another version or option, I'm not sure whether it was for flash rate increase or so you could do 3 different colors.... but the 3 bulb ones are less common.

Holy crap I didn't notice those were three-bulb rotators until now......

[Broken External Image]:http://cdn.styleforum.net/d/d8/d8c1f2e8_d7e3be54_mother-of-god-super-troopers.jpeg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benny22

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.