Check this out...

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
I like the look of it i just dont like the dim LIN lights in the grill they should of used TIR so it could punch thrue the dark ghost stuff they used.

buddabean

Mar 24, 2011
St Amant La
it is a nice install, but what is the point? It is a Crown Vic with a spot light. It doesn't matter how hard you try to hide the lights, EVERYONE knows its the POLICE.

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Yeah, the spotlight is a bit of a giveaway. Otherwise it looks like a very stealthy install.

fleetcomm

Sep 2, 2011
south of nowhere
I like the ideal and the thing you could do.

RescueWV

Dec 31, 2010
Central PA
buddabean said:
it is a nice install, but what is the point? It is a Crown Vic with a spot light. It doesn't matter how hard you try to hide the lights, EVERYONE knows its the POLICE.

My thoughts exactly. Whether it's a plain civilian crown vic or fully decked out, 95% of the motoring public sees a crown vic and thinks "cop" immediately.

...But, it is a pretty cool set-up....

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
But the spots are black, so you don't see them at night.

Hmmm, wait, aren't most cars pretty stealthy at night?

cajunblitz

May 20, 2010
Saint Martin Parish LA
Looks like a "fun with smoked lexan" demo video. Clever idea....it is good to see some out of the box applications....I wish it would have been done to a little more current model vehicle. Very interesting..

Flashguy

Jan 4, 2011
United States, Florida
Seems like a waste on this vehicle...but would definitely like to see it on a less obvious "I'm A Cop" vehicle. Maybe do it on a charger or malibu. I like the idea for undercover/SRT ops.

K9Vic

May 23, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
I like this comment on the video, so true. That is an unmarked police car, not undercover.

" Is a P71 with spotlights and steel rims really supposed to be "undercover"?"

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
It looks really cool. I wonder how effective the Police sign is on the mirrors. Whelen made a Police Talon I have never seen them being used by PD. It didnt seem to take off like the TA did when it came out.

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
buddabean said:
+1

Duh!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benny22

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.