Chevy Suburban Outfitted by EES

CodeMan

Dec 27, 2012
Central Florida
WOW......

Well IMHO if you have the cash to spend to go from basic whats needed to OVERKILL whacker, then more power to him... LOL

I wonder if he was that lick the rasberry flavored windows on the short bus kinda special? ;)

Thanks for sharing..

AllStrobedUp

Jun 1, 2013
Altamonte Springs, Flor
I am a big offender in the to much area so I should watch what I say, but for construction (I am assuming by the colors) that's insane. plain and simply, I have somewhat of a reason for going overboard as a it is a duel purpose Demo/ in service vehicle. but holy crap.

Reactions: CodeMan

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Another example of a Whacker, whose vehicle is more likely gonna blind someone & cause an accident than actually warn people. The 360 seizure patterns, overuse of clear (ie there's no reason for him to have a HLF or 1/2 of those clear lights), & lack of sync make this a disaster

I'm also not a fan of him adding (what looks to be) red on his rear doors.

rcfd34

Oct 24, 2011
Illinois
Way way to much white in the front and seems like all the reds and Amber are a different color shade maybe it's just my eyes

Troop

Nov 14, 2013
East Coast
This truck had potential but was ruined.  Too many lights, poor choice of flash patterns and I hate the surface mounted lights.  I've never been a fan of roof mounted lightbars on an unmarked vehicle, also. 

Had he kept this truck clean with simple lights added to the pushbumper and interior (front & rear) it would have been really nice in my opinion.  Oh well...

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
Just curious to know what this rig is used for: why just amber and clear with no red or blue.

I like that it is a Suburban that still has rear doors and not a tailgate.  When I had my ambulance service, I loved the Suburban rigs.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
i need a whelen denominator too

ohh and since this is Georgia that's the color that VFD is allowed to run (if i remember right)

i need the yup tone too

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
Ive been seeing more and more red used on amber vehicles. Hell, middle georgia react gets away with full blown tahoe PPVs with enough red lights to light more then one vehicle.

http://youtu.be/kkPcfrP39GE
Whoaaaa!  I can't believe that REACT could get by with that sort of thing.  When I was in Lubbock our REACT team ended up with an ambulance. We'd been working the local race track and they gave us the old track ambulance, a '60 Chevy wagon.  But there was no responding in POVs either.  And in those days law enforcement detested REACT for some reason.  A friend of mine who was on our team got stopped by a local cop one time who would've given him a warning; but upon seeing his REACT card issued him a ticket and told him that's why he was getting in, because he was in REACT.  I don't think they'd go quite that far nowadays.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesseclark2448

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.