CJ184 light acquistions

ex416

Apr 28, 2011
West Central Wisconsin
  i had some luck in the NOS light department last fall when i obtained a couple NOS CJ184s (E2 & E4 series) and figured i would share some pictures of them.   these lights will join a couple other CJ184 lights as well as a NOS CJ284 that i have in my collection.

i found the E2 series light to be a little different than any of my other CJ lights with it having a series 2 motor and a different style motor mount.   in previously talking with elb member dmathieu he related that the E series designation was supposed to indicate the switch over to the stainless steel base/skirt, but this one has a chrome plated brass base/skirt like the ones that were associated with the earlier A series.  one other thing i noticed is the rougher/not so glossy finish on the speaker driver.

CJ184 E4

NOS CJ184 E4 004.JPG

CJ184 E2

NOS CJ184 E2 003.JPG

NOS CJ184 E2 013.JPG

View attachment 132679 

ex416

Apr 28, 2011
West Central Wisconsin
Very impressive! Congrats on the find
the find that almost wasn't.  the guy i got the E4 series light from said it was from an in-laws estate and that he saved it from being sent to the dump.  he indicated that the original box it was in was in bad shape and if he hadn't been curious and checked inside the box it would have been thrown out.  couldn't imagine something like that ending up  in the trash.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: tsquale

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.