Clayton Fire trucks with interesting 600 series LED Bars

zacmtz7

May 21, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Was up at the hospital the other day from an accident and Clayton had one of their fire trucks out front. Bar is cool looking and bright it is all 600series linear leds inside some type of housing. It's the full length of the truck.

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

It is a custom bar that America LaFrance makes for their apparatus. I believe that they can be populated with an lighthead you want from a particular manufacture as long as they will fit inside of the lenses. I have seen them in all halogen, rotator, strobe, LED, and every combination thereof. To my knowledge, they are the only manufacture that offers a custom built bar for their apparatus.

Amber fitch guy is correct. Its a nice looking bar i think,

kP

Our laFrance trucks just have a mx7000 with two out board rotators and 2 double stacked strobes in center section. Way too small for a truck of their size

Last edited by a moderator:
from what i've previously been told (and hence under that assumption for a while), whelen does make the ALF lightbars. however, this is the 1st time that i've personally seen an LED version (which i def. like!)

Whelen does make the LaFrance wrap around bar. They will gladly fill it with any whelen product that will fit in it. The possibilities are endless.

My stations 98 Alf has the same bar only with rotator strobe combination. & yes the truck & bar is a POS. Some strobes in the bar & on the truck don't work. Whelen's 188C powersupplys & B-link systems suck. I would love to have that 600 series bar on our ALF.

Saw one of these last night coming out of headquarters all red led. and above the headlighs has a set of clear LEDS. The clear LEDs are AMAZING they drowned out anything including the wig wag. Was very impressed with the layout. Had M9 on the rear of the truck solid, in a wig wag, very good setup.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381