Climbed 50 floors using stairs, with turnout and Scott pack today.

Paramedic

Oct 15, 2010
CAN
This morning, around 400 paramedics, firefighters and police officers climbed the 50 floors of a building in Montreal to collect funds to fight Muscular dystrophy. I had my full turnout gear, helmet and Scott pack (turned on). It was an amazing experience, though now my legs refuse to work !

mcpd2025

May 20, 2010
Maryland, USA
Holy cow... thats a LOT of stairs!!! We had a Signal 3 a couple years ago (firefighter in distress) on the 15th floor of a high rise. They were running an alarm, taken the elevators up (locked for fire) and were confronted by a MO guy on the 15th floor. Looney Tunes grabbed the axe and started swinging at the firefighters. They fled to a vacant apartment and called for help. The 2 captains with elevator keys were locked on the 15th floor, so we had to run 15 flights of stairs (actually ran about 13 and somehow got up the final 2), then struggle with the guy to get him into custody. That was a nightmare...

Hoser

Jun 25, 2010
Ohio
Its great that you guys are doing this for a Good Cause. Makes a fire tower like a walk in the park. Overall the general public only see's the setting around the station waiting on the next alarm. Most have no clue what is involved with all the training and continued education. Thank God the tallest building in my city is only 6 floors, but I know the feeling. Full gear and extra equipment make it all a major challenge. Youve worked hard to become the person you are and have a very demanding job both physically and mentally. Its a great feeling when you get done. Job well done. Stay Safe out there Brother.

I'mabeast

Apr 5, 2011
Massillon, Ohio
Well the more you climb stairs the more you'll be able to get up them faster. Like the one posted "remember the 9-11 stair climb" well it looks like I'm goin to start climbing some stairs. LOL:thumbsup:

Paramedic

Oct 15, 2010
CAN
Next year, I plan on doing the Extreme Challenge (same thing but 11 times, 550 floors, you climb up twice an hour). I have to start training now !

Apr 14, 2011
Georgia
Your doing a good thing, and its good for you.....But, you have lost your ever loving mind!!!! LOL (no offense of course) I would have ran outta air at like stair 43 not floor 43. LMAO I live in a rural area, we dont have stairs here. lol THANK GOODNESS FOR THAT!

Sep 13, 2010
Holland, Michigan
Paramedic said:
Next year, I plan on doing the Extreme Challenge (same thing but 11 times, 550 floors, you climb up twice an hour). I have to start training now !

I will admit I wouldn't make it. I could climp stairs, but 550 good lord.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htamboli

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.