Code 3 2200

SIFD7101

Feb 2, 2011
USA, Missouri
Picked this bar up yesterday not knowing if it worked or not, or really even what it was. Much to my surprise I took the domes off this morning and found a rather clean interior. Even more shocking it powered up and worked with no tinkering. My question is.. Is it really worth much of anything, or is this just a forgotten piece with little interest?

ai143.photobucket.com_albums_r155_trainman6944_IMG_1017.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvmNND_7qgY

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Oh, those old Code 3 bars are pretty much worthless. Tell ya what, just package it up real good and send it to me, I'll dispose of it for ya. :yes:

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Seriously now, clean and polish the domes and I think you have a solid $150 lightbar.

SIFD7101

Feb 2, 2011
USA, Missouri
stansdds said:
Seriously now, clean and polish the domes and I think you have a solid $150 lightbar.

Better than I expected, nice fun project if nothing else, might pick up some of the different ones he has and begin restoring a few for the fun of it. Thanks for the reply

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
OSP959® said:
I love those old Code 3 bars. Great find!!

How come I never have this kind of luck??

Wrong place,right time

Right place,wrong time

Such is life without a wife and a doggie without a bone.

Last edited by a moderator:

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Yeah, this video gives a whole new meaning to the term "the cat's ass". :haha: :haha: :haha:

JennyCop

Jan 19, 2012
Sunny Arizona
Great find! those lenses should polish up nicely! :thumbsup: cute cat too looks alot like mine.

SIFD7101

Feb 2, 2011
USA, Missouri
stansdds said:
Yeah, this video gives a whole new meaning to the term "the cat's ass". :haha: :haha: :haha:

Thank you for that :haha: That comment brought a rather dull dispatch center to life LOL!

Thanks to all for the replies, I will try to post pictures as I clean it up.

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
Is that a break or just the angle of the pic in the one dome.

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
chief1565 said:

I saw that too, to me it looks like dirt, grease, or oil streaked on the dome.

ful-vue

Aug 16, 2012
Pennsylvania
At one point the ambulance I used to run with back in the 70's got these rather than Twinsonics. The 90-degree-opposed inner rotators made for a very attention-getting flash pattern. Great score!

SIFD7101

Feb 2, 2011
USA, Missouri
chief1565 said:

Just a dirt streak, the domes are good and solid. Can't wait to get this thing spiffed up. Question to all, were the plastic filters on the sealed beams common on these bars, or did they originally use the colored beams?

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
I'm pretty sure they had colored bulbs.

Hoser

Jun 25, 2010
Ohio
Great find, I have the same bar in my collection. Mine set in a junk yard office most of its life. Couldnt ever get the owner to sell, took in another lightbar (amber) for his wrecker....... he wanted it bad. Walked away with it and 5 other bars he had around, we were both happy campers. Ive seen them listed on the bay for up to $350.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benny22

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.