Code 3 Defender Pattern Change

BB215

May 29, 2010
Sydney, AU
Hi Gents;

I apologise in advance if this was answered elsewhere, but my attempts at searching couldn't find what I was looking for.

I've heard from other workers that you can change the Code 3 Defender lightbar flash pattern/takedown flash by tapping a magnet on a set of connectoids on the back left of the lightbar.

Is this true? I always thought you need some type of interface to program/alter the light bar, but this would certainly make life easier.

All I want to do is activate the flashing take downs and alley lights.

I've included a small photo to illustrate the connectoids I'm talking about... I've circled them in red.

Thank you very much in advance for the advice... you guys are usually THE gurus for this.

defender.jpg

Oct 20, 2010
Rehoboth, MA
BB215 said:
Hi Gents;

I apologise in advance if this was answered elsewhere, but my attempts at searching couldn't find what I was looking for.

I've heard from other workers that you can change the Code 3 Defender lightbar flash pattern/takedown flash by tapping a magnet on a set of connectoids on the back left of the lightbar.

Is this true? I always thought you need some type of interface to program/alter the light bar, but this would certainly make life easier.

All I want to do is activate the flashing take downs and alley lights.

I've included a small photo to illustrate the connectoids I'm talking about... I've circled them in red.

Thank you very much in advance for the advice... you guys are usually THE gurus for this.

Your information is sort of correct. That is a serial control lightbar and programming is done by a magnet, there are many different settings that can be changed. I have the install sheet, but it's not posted online.

Serial_Interface_Option_Operation_Manual_T11590_REV0.pdf

Attachments

• Serial_Interface_Option_Operation_Manual_T11590_REV0.pdf
    313 bytes · Views: 68
Oct 20, 2010
Rehoboth, MA
There are a couple of quirks that sometimes arise so make sure you disconnect power from the lightbar and serial adapter/siren before and after programming.

Abacus

May 24, 2010
Sydney Australia
There's one car running around the northern beaches with its cruise lights enabled in the bar all the time. With steady red to the front not legit it's probably not a good modification.

Yours is much better idea. The black wire and the blue white wire in the code3 defender harness wired to pin 5 on the hazard controller output boxes will activate the white flashing sequence in primary alert.

Oct 20, 2010
Rehoboth, MA
Abacus said:
There's one car running around the northern beaches with its cruise lights enabled in the bar all the time. With steady red to the front not legit it's probably not a good modification.
Yours is much better idea. The black wire and the blue white wire in the code3 defender harness wired to pin 5 on the hazard controller output boxes will activate the white flashing sequence in primary alert.

He posted a pic of the Hall Effect sensor which means that Defender is a serial lightbar. The flashing TD's/Alleys have to be programmed, it is not possible to just connect a wire.

BB215

May 29, 2010
Sydney, AU
Thanks for the info, John.... that is immensely helpful!

Why they don't send us the cars with the take downs and alleys set to flash, I don't know.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.