Code 3 LP 6000 lightbar questions

FLMil

Apr 21, 2013
Florida
I picked this up locally for 80.00. All spinners and light work although it did not come with a controller. The regular work lights fixed to the outside will come off. I plan to mount this to an ex military police blazer. What model is this? Any help appreciated.

Do I need to look for a particular controller or will any light bar controller work? The arrow stik was included in the sale, although I have not tested it.

I also picked up a red lensed version that is about 5-6" shorter for 50.00, has 2 spinners. No picture yet.

code3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

badge22

Aug 14, 2010
MI, United States
Welcome to the board!

By spinners I assume that you mean Rotators?

You have a Code 3 LP 6000 lightbar with a Code 3 ArrowStick. The ArrowStick does require a special control to operate correctly.

Here are links to more information:

LP 6000

Code 3 Warning > LP 6000

ArrowStick

Code 3 Warning > ArrowStik

Hope this helps!

FLMil

Apr 21, 2013
Florida
Yes, rotators (noob mistake). Yes, that helps tremendously. Thank you. Now to build an extension on the safari rack to mount it. I have some reading to do and to find a good used controller. Thanks again.

badge22

Aug 14, 2010
MI, United States
No Problem. We're here to help, just ask. You may want to check the classifieds for the controller you need and if you can't locate one, post a want ad. If would also be great to post photos of your project. :thumbsup:

FLMil

Apr 21, 2013
Florida
Here it is currently. Replacing rusted sheet metal, and finished lift and tires. Light bar is awaiting safari rack fab :)

cucv lift and 35s.jpg

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
Move the off road lights on the side and the model should be on the label. It most likely is an LP6000, though it could be older and have the original name of Force 4 LP.

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
Move the off road lights on the side and the model should be on the label. It most likely is an LP6000, though it could be older with metal rotators and have the original name of Force 4 LP, hard to see the rotators through the haze.

FLMil

Apr 21, 2013
Florida
I will do that in the morning, the good news is it all works aside form one reverse bulb. Here it is after I painted the center section OD and mocked it up on the K5

light bar.jpg

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
I pumped the magnification up to 150% and that is a 3 on the end dome.

Some good wet sanding and polish and they will look like brand new.

badge22

Aug 14, 2010
MI, United States
Hoser said:
On the direction light, look for a name on it tag's or symbol. Also check for writing on the lenses. I have an old Whelen that looks like that.

Looking at it again, I notice that it doesn't appear to have the traditional tapered rear housing that Code 3 normally uses.

FLMil

Apr 21, 2013
Florida
Found it, LP6000. Good deal for +- 80.00 in bartering?Included the arrow stik in that as well. PM me if you have a controller for sale :)

FLMil

Apr 21, 2013
Florida
I am new, but learning. Do I have to buy a code 3 controller for my LP6000 or will other brand controllers work ok also?

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
A toggle switch will work. Even if it was loaded with Take downs, Alley lights, flashers, and stingrays, everything but Stingrays will work with on/off switches. Stingrays require a 3 position switch, though I can assure you that your bar does not have Stingrays.

Period correct with the flood lights would be something like this...

6391104.jpg

FLMil

Apr 21, 2013
Florida
It has stationary lights also, how would one tell if it had stingrays?

As far as strobes go in these light bars, is the strobe function contained in the bulb, light bar assembly or controller?

Can I get drop in led bulbs for the rotators, I googled and can not figure out the bulb type.

Last, it looks like I can put another light array or speaker in the center?

Thank you for response.

Last edited by a moderator:

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
You do not have stingray's, there are no strobes in that bar. The stationary lights are flashers and or steady burn. LED bulbs look like toy lights in halogen bars though for display only, should be fine, the bulb is a 64170 12V 50 Watt. A speaker is what originally went in the center section. If you want to put lights in the center, you will have to get a center dome. In the 80's, center light options were dual mini rotators, dual take downs, or a center full size rotator.

Take the amber domes off and post us a picture of the bar from above, we will be able to give you more information.

FLMil

Apr 21, 2013
Florida
Great details. Even SMD high output LEDs? Bummer, I would have thought LED retrofit would be a win on draw and output. Thank you again.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caldwell205

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.