Code 3 Solex anyone else seen this?

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
I find the Carona more exciting and innovative than the Solex. I want to know more about it.

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
LED138 said:
Looks like someone left an MX7000 in the oven for a bit. Looks like it could have potential though........

More like an Excalibur...

Or a reverse 360 (isn't that a skateboard trick or something?) as it appears to stick out a little in the middle front, as opposed to large bulbous blisters on the ends. (I like 360s, just sayin')

emtanderson51

Apr 9, 2011
USA Massachusetts

emtanderson51

Apr 9, 2011
USA Massachusetts
Jamey@NNE said:
Looks like the rear of an xt stick which is made overseas. They do make the lightbars here.

Exactly.......Just when he thought he knew everything turns out he knows very little...

bluestinger90

Jun 5, 2010
BC / California
Jamey@NNE said:
Looks like the rear of an xt stick which is made overseas. They do make the lightbars here.

Do they make them here, or do they import the led light heads and/or electronics from Taiwan and assemble them in the US? Below is a picture of a code3 tricore bar being assembled.

ai.imgur.com_JDjwMnU.jpg

I'm not arguing the merit of your comment, but it would great to learn more about how code3 does things. code3 does source a lot of their led products from Taiwan.

For example, Federal Signal gets their PCB boards from China, and then adds everything else in the US.

http://elightbars.org/forums/f13/small-dual-color-lights-individual-color-activation-33975/#post410619

Jamey@NNE

Jun 23, 2011
Ocoee, Florida
Im not 100% on that. I think some are here and some not. The fedsig rep here still will get heated and argue with you if you tell him the micropulse is foreign product rebranded.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Jamey@NNE said:
Im not 100% on that. I think some are here and some not. The fedsig rep here still will get heated and argue with you if you tell him the micropulse is foreign product rebranded.

You are not lying.... lol

Same argument led to me not carrying them.

emtanderson51

Apr 9, 2011
USA Massachusetts
bluestinger90 said:
Do they make them here, or do they import the led light heads and/or electronics from Taiwan and assemble them in the US? Below is a picture of a code3 tricore bar being assembled.

ai.imgur.com_JDjwMnU.jpg

I'm not arguing the merit of your comment, but it would great to learn more about how code3 does things. code3 does source a lot of their led products from Taiwan.

For example, Federal Signal gets their PCB boards from China, and then adds everything else in the US.

http://elightbars.org/forums/f13/small-dual-color-lights-individual-color-activation-33975/#post410619

It is my understanding that none of the super LED's are made in the USA. The product has to be something like 95% made here to be "made/manufactured in America". The XT series of lights are known to be made overseas and are priced as such. The bars are made here and also priced as such. The bar frames, wiring, lenses, electronics, feet, cables etc are all made/manufactured here..

factorone33

Jun 13, 2010
Merriam, KS
emtanderson51 said:
It is my understanding that none of the super LED's are made in the USA. The product has to be something like 95% made here to be "made/manufactured in America". The XT series of lights are known to be made overseas and are priced as such. The bars are made here and also priced as such. The bar frames, wiring, lenses, electronics, feet, cables etc are all made/manufactured here..

The minimum is 85%, and when I was working for the Whelen rep, we actually spoke to the guys in Taiwan who supplied most of the diodes and PCB assemblies for Code 3, SOS, SoundOff, etc.

Thus far, Whelen is the only company that gets 99% of its product components domestically (the only thing they can't get is the magnets for their speakers, and everyone has to get those from China because, well, China is the only place with Neodymium ferrite ore).

Sigma Safety

May 21, 2010
western Canada
Jamey@NNE said:

He needs to read the box. They are Juluen lights re-branded. FedSig doesn't do anything to them.

bluestinger90

Jun 5, 2010
BC / California
leftcoastmark said:
He needs to read the box. They are Juluen lights re-branded. FedSig doesn't do anything to them.

Besides add to the price tag it seems. I wonder how many micropulses they sell compared to the ms6.

Axixtech MS6BH Mini Sliver Multi Mount Super LED Lighthead - Grille & Exterior Mount LED's

Federal Signal MicroPulse 6 LED Lighthead, Hood / Grille Mount - Grille & Exterior Mount LED's

factorone33 said:
The minimum is 85%, and when I was working for the Whelen rep, we actually spoke to the guys in Taiwan who supplied most of the diodes and PCB assemblies for Code 3, SOS, SoundOff, etc.

Thus far, Whelen is the only company that gets 99% of its product components domestically (the only thing they can't get is the magnets for their speakers, and everyone has to get those from China because, well, China is the only place with Neodymium ferrite ore).

:crazy:

Other people here have mentioned that Tomar and Star/SVP do everything in house for their led assemblies, except for diodes, which I don't think anyone makes in the US. That would probably help explain why Tomar and Star/SVP are more expensive then everyone else.

I don't know about the other companies and how they do things. I'm not trying to create a made in the USA shit storm thread about it. A USA shit storm will take 3-4 weeks by boat from China.

OutletPSE

Jun 5, 2013
Southern United States
bluestinger90 said:
Other people here have mentioned that Tomar and Star/SVP do everything in house for their led assemblies, except for diodes, which I don't think anyone makes in the US. That would probably help explain why Tomar and Star/SVP are more expensive then everyone else.
Based upon our talks with Tomar, I understand why you mention them. However, if you compare Star/SVP products to that of Whelen, Code 3, and Federal Signal then I'm not sure I see the validity in your statement. Take the DLX6 SVP DLX6 Versa Star LightheadVs Ion SIRENNET.COM - Whelen ION Series Super-LED Light. We commonly sell the DLX6 for a $4.00 under the Ion. Additionally we often run sales on them to lower the price point.

The problem you run into is that you often have greedy dealers or dealers that have more loyalty to other brands. Often times those other brands put pressure on the dealers to show their brand in a better light. Take Sirennet for instance, we all know they are one of the leading sellers in Whelen Equipment. We never see them mention or feature anything from SVP do we? Did you even know they carried it? Well they do. SIRENNET.COM - Star/SVP VersaStar DLX6 LED Warning Light

While researching brands, we often noticed this was an issue.

Granted, some of our SVP prices on our site are currently higher than they were, but we are still recovering from an ELB Member impersonating Star personnel via e-mail into forcing our prices higher to be inline with his. We hope to have all our prices restored shortly and then you can truly see what a great value the Star/SVP line-up truly is. They are also a great family oriented company.

The biggest issue with companies like Star/SVP and Tomar is they don't get their information out there. Feniex is also a great company but they have a ton of chatter. I believe Mr.Marcson has even made very informative post as to the rate each manufactured is mentioned. Feniex has a very sexy line-up and were very cleverly brought into the market place which is probably one of the reasons they get mentioned so much here on ELB.

It does seem to amaze me though how much manufacturers can be like politicians in the midst of a political campaign though. The references above of calling Taiwan while a rep for a manufacturer kind of prove that.

As far as Code 3 goes, it has been proven that they have had products made overseas. So what? The overwhelming majority of their products are American Made. They have never hidden that they were foreign built as they have properly labeled each product made overseas. We do not sell Code 3 products and quite frankly, I'm not sure if I like their products or not but I'm not sure why people try to make it seem as though they are lying. This is not like Led Outfitters/Damega with misleading advertising that you are purchasing products "Proudly made in the USA". Not to mention the company itself is American owned.

As far as these bars go, they will probably grow on people as we get accustomed to them. New isn't always accepted at first. Time will tell. It is getting very hard for companies to come up with anything new anymore. Good luck to Code 3 with their new bar.

Last edited by a moderator:

bluestinger90

Jun 5, 2010
BC / California
OutletPSE said:
Based upon our talks with Tomar, I understand why you mention them. However, if you compare Star/SVP products to that of Whelen, Code 3, and Federal Signal then I'm not sure I see the validity in your statement. Take the DLX6 SVP DLX6 Versa Star LightheadVs Ion SIRENNET.COM - Whelen ION Series Super-LED Light. We commonly sell the DLX6 for a $4.00 under the Ion. Additionally we often run sales on them to lower the price point.

The problem you run into is that you often have greedy dealers or dealers that have more loyalty to other brands. Often times those other brands put pressure on the dealers to show their brand in a better light. Take Sirennet for instance, we all know they are one of the leading sellers in Whelen Equipment. We never see them mention or feature anything from SVP do we? Did you even know they carried it? Well they do. SIRENNET.COM - Star/SVP VersaStar DLX6 LED Warning Light

While researching brands, we often noticed this was an issue.

They carry lots of star/svp products, and they mention them frequently. It's just rebranded as sirennet products. I think their youtube channel has a tendency to focus on new items, and Whelen is usually releasing something new.

SIRENNET - YouTube

SIRENNET.COM - Interior LEDs

OutletPSE

Jun 5, 2013
Southern United States
bluestinger90 said:
They carry lots of star/svp products, and they mention them frequently. It's just rebranded as sirennet products. I think their youtube channel has a tendency to focus on new items, and Whelen is usually releasing something new.

SIRENNET - YouTube

SIRENNET.COM - Interior LEDs

The whole point of my post was not that they didn't have them, but was that Star/SVP is fairly cheap comparatively. I wanted to show that they are much more affordable than your claim of them being so much more expensive.

factorone33

Jun 13, 2010
Merriam, KS
bluestinger90 said:
:crazy:

I know for a fact that Whelen sources all of its diodes from North Carolina and/or Indiana, and this is partially the reason why their stuff is so much more expensive than anyone else.

I don't know about the other companies and how they do things. I'm not trying to create a made in the USA shit storm thread about it. A USA shit storm will take 3-4 weeks by boat from China.

My bad, I'm not trying to either, so I'll end my contributions to this portion of the thread here.

Regarding the Code 3 bar, all I can say to the design is "blegh". But if it's functional and people use it, then who am I to judge?

fleetcomm

Sep 2, 2011
south of nowhere
I don't like it but, there will be departments that buy it and if it works for them great. The lightbar market is a very competive and all the manufactures are looking for an edge in the market place and as for made in america I have been to the factory and they are assembled in america. The boxes you see in front of the lady putting the lightbar togeather are lightheads that are made outside of america.

NPS Ranger

May 21, 2010
Penn's Woods
firefighter31 said:
dear code 3,
the whole siren in lightbar idea was fazed out 10+ years ago..please try to catch up to the current time.

thanks

But this is a "powerful new option, a second level that allows for a 100-watt speaker with no loss of rear warning light capability." Wow! What will they think of next? :rolleyes:

twodogs603

Sep 7, 2011
Norfolk,VA
Ok. Here is a sneak peek video Code 3 put out. I cant even see the bar until its right next to the camera.

Give me a single rotating beacon anyday.

Abacus

May 24, 2010
Sydney Australia
NPS Ranger said:
But this is a "powerful new option, a second level that allows for a 100-watt speaker with no loss of rear warning light capability." Wow! What will they think of next? :rolleyes:

I think I read a similar sentence in one of the C3 brochures from the mid 90s. I believe it was how the traffic director could now mount under the lightbar and you could sensationally get both a rotator signal with a halogen traffic director !!

What will they think of next? Maybe Diodes replacing alley lights? I always thought that was a good idea. Anyone seen this done (yet)?

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
firefighter31 said:
dear code 3,
the whole siren in lightbar idea was fazed out 10+ years ago..please try to catch up to the current time.

thanks
Agreed. Mounting speakers on the roof has gone the way of riding on the running boards. I'd gladly look one over if Code 3 wanted, but I can't say I'm impressed by speakers being offered in a roof mount lightbar.

cybercop

May 31, 2010
USA, TX/South
bluestinger90 said:
I think this is it. It's called the Solex. It's different.

A non linear bar would have been a winner. This is just strange. Everyone is going low profile, and they release a hunch back bar.

ai.imgur.com_0C2JTKY.jpg

ai.imgur.com_UarmRyv.jpg

ai.imgur.com_OqFyWfy.jpg

Taken from the code3 website;

• Second level that allows for additional massive takedown lighting, additional flashing or steady burn warning lights, a 100-watt speaker with no loss of rear warning light capability, traffic emitters, and other potential warning or add-on devices.
  • Aerodynamic shape and styling maximize vehicle performance as well as matches the contours of today's and tomorrow's vehicles
  • Single or multicolor linear collimated LED lightheads are designed for usage with a central controller board or can flash independently, depending on your requirements
  • Aluminum frame and lighthead mounting platform are designed for heavy duty use and vibration, exceeding the requirements for SAE, CA T13 or European testing standards.
  • Lens caps protect internal components from UV degradation, easily shed water, ice or snow and provide aerodynamic shape
  • Thick, heavy duty lower lenses are designed for exceptional wear life

Design Features

Full featured and customizable lightbar with 9-Up LED single color or 18-Up LED multicolor (coming soon) lightheads
  • Takedown and alley lights can be single or multicolor
  • Central controller driven lightheads or independent flashing lightheads
  • Red, Blue, Amber, or White LEDs
  • Black lens caps standard
  • Dimming mode

[*]47" or 53" length

[*]Average height is 2.5" (63.5 mm), Max height 3.9" (99 mm)

[*]12 Volt

[*]Meets all applicable SAE, NFPA, California Title 13 and ECE65 specifications when properly configured

[*]5-Year Warranty on LED modules

100_0322sm.jpg :lightbulb:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkelly

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.