Code 3 XL Off Road?

May 23, 2013
nc
definitely different i would say, never seen something like that before

looks cool, but with all those takedowns i dought you will seen the amber light lol

philyumpshus

Jun 20, 2010
Malone, NY
C3 sold factory blacked domes- FDNY had them on the minibars that were on the backs of their engines so that they didn't flash into the sideview mirrors. I don't know if the ones you have are legit or not.

Richard P

May 23, 2010
Sudbury, On
That could be factory, code 3 offered that to compete with trail blazer in the off road market, code 3 discontinued because it wasnt as affordable. I think it was offered with 100w h1

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
tsquale said:
I initially thought that too, but the rear "cutouts" are too neatly done IMO to be spray painted.

You obviously haven't noticed my masking taping skills, lol. i think those domes were a different color underneath with cut-outs there and he carefully masked them off.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
I remember seeing a mini-Code 3 Force 4 XL off-road bar on here a while back and that had a stock blacked-out rear with a cut-out window for the single rear spotlight. The plastic was glossy and was not painted, so it was a molded piece of XL lense. This has a flat-black finish, so I'm guessing somebody took their time and masked off the cut-outs real well on the colored lense parts, then went to town with the spray paint for a few coats.

Still a cool looking lightbar, though. I'd put it on my pickup (or car even :D )!

lite-em-up

May 23, 2010
Eastern Missouri
ERIC6913 said:
those domes look spray painted to me.

Nope. Factory job.

Back in the late 80's Code-3 offered a line of off-road lights with all of their warning features available as well. Mainly used 100 watt H-1's as someone has already mentioned.

I think the reason that the dome looks like more of a matte finish is due to weathering. They made the lens piece out of black lexan. If you look at the clear front section it looks dull as well which leads me to believe the lenses are just badly weathered.

If you could take the lens off you will be able to see for sure by looking at the inside of the lens.

I have a catolog that I will find and post some pics of when I get home in a couple of days.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
lite-em-up said:
Nope. Factory job.

Back in the late 80's Code-3 offered a line of off-road lights with all of their warning features available as well. Mainly used 100 watt H-1's as someone has already mentioned.

I think the reason that the dome looks like more of a matte finish is due to weathering. They made the lens piece out of black lexan. If you look at the clear front section it looks dull as well which leads me to believe the lenses are just badly weathered.

If you could take the lens off you will be able to see for sure by looking at the inside of the lens.

I have a catolog that I will find and post some pics of when I get home in a couple of days.

These were offered factory, as was anything really... The number of options for "build your own XL" were staggering at one point, not to mention they offered a "ranger style" bar using he XL. The only thing I question is if the black has been hit with paint aftermarket. Again I know you could have ordered this bar factory, I'm not sure if that's faded factory blacking or repainted.

jmap

Jun 9, 2010
New York
Hey Guys, The lightbar is factory made I was the one who posted this lightbar on Ebay . I have been a Code-3 Distributor for years . I was contacted years ago from the Code-3 rep offering me a new line of Off-Road Xl lightbars made by Code-3 and I ordered the 4 different versions. This lightbar was installed on a service vehicle they traded that for a different type of lightbar. This is the real Deal. PS: I think I have 3 more different versions in stock never installed. I will be posting a lot of my items shortly. Thanks, Marty

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesseclark2448

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.