Code 3 Z3 Automatic Siren Activtion

May 6, 2018
SF Bay Area
I am trying to program a code 3 Z3. When the slide switch is moved to position 3 (Code 3 mode), the siren is automatically activated. I want to disable this "feature" and only have the siren tones be turned on manually. How do I do that in the Z3 configuration software?

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I am trying to program a code 3 Z3. When the slide switch is moved to position 3 (Code 3 mode), the siren is automatically activated. I want to disable this "feature" and only have the siren tones be turned on manually. How do I do that in the Z3 configuration software?

Each tone should have the option to have it respond to the slide switch, here is a pic example of the "wail tone".

Go under the "3 level switch" drop down at the bottom right and select none or blank. I think you have to do this for each tone.

c3.PNG

Also, sirenlock can be used to totally prevent the function I believe.

SirenLock SirenLock is used to set which 3-Level Switch position (Level 1, 2 or 3) will allow the Z3 Siren to generate the Primary tones (see Figure 10). When SirenLock is enabled, the Z3 Siren is ‘Locked’ from generating Primary tones until the configured 3-Level Switch position is activated. SirenLock does not affect the MANUAL and AIR HORN push-buttons. The default for SirenLock is disabled.

It is possible I have this backwards, the user guide keeps talking about the siren tones activating position 3, not the other way around

I attached the programming guide. It seems counterintuitive.

Attachments

• C3S.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:

May 6, 2018
SF Bay Area
Go under the "3 level switch" drop down at the bottom right and select none or blank. I think you have to do this for each tone.

View attachment 234526

Also, sirenlock can be used to totally prevent the function I believe.

SirenLock SirenLock is used to set which 3-Level Switch position (Level 1, 2 or 3) will allow the Z3 Siren to generate the Primary tones (see Figure 10). When SirenLock is enabled, the Z3 Siren is ‘Locked’ from generating Primary tones until the configured 3-Level Switch position is activated. SirenLock does not affect the MANUAL and AIR HORN push-buttons. The default for SirenLock is disabled.

It is possible I have this backwards, the user guide keeps talking about the siren tones activating position 3, not the other way around

I attached the programming guide. It seems counterintuitive.
Basically I do NOT want any siren tones to come on automatically when the slide switch is switched to position 3 (Red led)

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Basically I do NOT want any siren tones to come on automatically when the slide switch is switched to position 3 (Red led)

From reading it it seems to default off, I wonder what's checked that shouldn't be.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkelly

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.