Code3 SD 1st Gen bar

Jun 18, 2013
PA
First off Happy Turkey Day!

I just got this delivered to me, thanks to a buddy of mine. Shout out to Butch, if he decides to pop in this thread.. thanks again.

Doing a quick overview before I get the food coma, plus it will give me another reason to be someplace other then where the inlaws are.. just saying..

Motors on the bar are from 1979 so 44 years old.. Pretty good condition overall considering age.
Its got some quirks, but who doesn't by the time your 44.

SDFront.jpg
SDlightup3.jpg
SDrear.jpgSDside.jpg

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Interesting that on one side, it is the outboard rotating assembly that has 120 degree opposing bulbs and on the other side it is the inboard assembly that has the 120 degree opposing bulbs. That's a different set up, up to now, the ones I've seen were either all 180 degree opposing or 180 on the outboards, 120 on the inboards.

Reactions: Maxim2Eng

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Same here. Every SD and XL9K I've ever come across was always 180 outer 120 inner. Those lamp holders go wayyyyy back before they used the wire bail type.

Jun 18, 2013
PA
I am willing to bet this was done by the previous owner, as you can see they rerouted the wiring, and since I am going to be replacing the belts at some point anyway I can switch it back. ...however the uneven flash pattern is kinda growing on me.

Reactions: stansdds

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
I am willing to bet this was done by the previous owner, as you can see they rerouted the wiring, and since I am going to be replacing the belts at some point anyway I can switch it back. ...however the uneven flash pattern is kinda growing on me.
A previous owner probably did change the arrangement, but it will be very hard and maybe impossible to be sure. One thing about PSE was their desire to please their customers. Whatever a customer wanted, they would build.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KeystoneDiesel

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.