Color Choices

May 25, 2010
Quincy, Illinois
Okay with the new charger (it's red) I'm trying to decide if I stay traditional with red/blue or go with red/white. I would love to go all blue (came from Idaho and it's a blue for LE state), but the Vollies get that color in Missouri so I've been thinking about going completely away from blue, but hate the look of all red. So what is the preference or alternative if you have one.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I'd use a combo of red, blue and white to the front and red, blue and amber to the rear.

HFD eng1ine

Jul 27, 2010
Essex County. MA
I would no doubt choose red/white for the front and red/blue/amber for the rear. That's how our trucks are set up

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
chono said:
1+ use all the colors you can use!

But make sure you don't interweave the colors too much and make a purple blob. Nice big chunks of color, same colors flash at the same time.

May 25, 2010
Quincy, Illinois
JohnMarcson said:
But make sure you don't interweave the colors too much and make a purple blob. Nice big chunks of color, same colors flash at the same time.

I always try....that and I don't have so many lights moving fast that it's just a big flash of purple.

Cam

May 20, 2010
MO
I would say red/blue with a little white in the front and some amber to the rear. Hard to go wrong there. In Missouri all emergency vehicle must have red other then vol. firefighter's POV. Any emergency vehicle can also have blue but you must have red as well the way the law is written. Not that you won't want to, if I was writing it all emergency vehicles would have to have blue.

Newberry13

May 21, 2010
SC, USA
Cam said:
I would say red/blue with a little white in the front and some amber to the rear. Hard to go wrong there. In Missouri all emergency vehicle must have red other then vol. firefighter's POV. Any emergency vehicle can also have blue but you must have red as well the way the law is written. Not that you won't want to, if I was writing it all emergency vehicles would have to have blue.
That's my vote.

Don't POVs run sirens in MO as well? If so wouldn't that make them a EV when responding? I was in Rolla a few weeks ago, and every POV I saw ( which was 6) had red/blue combos.

May 25, 2010
Quincy, Illinois
Yes MO reworded the law so now its not unlawful for Vollies to run red (upsets me) and yes we run sirens and are classified as EV once both are activated.

As with running no blue to the front no one could say they thought it was a vollie and thats why they didnt stop.

Newberry13

May 21, 2010
SC, USA
I can't say for every county, but in Phelps, every EV (PD, SO, EMS, FD, VFD) run red/blue. PD, SO, and paid FD run 50/50, VFD runs 50 to 75 percent red. EMS only runs about 30 percent blue. If you're in a place were EV's run primarily red, then stick to red/white to the front and just throw in some blue to the rear. Besides red/white would be d@mn sexy on an all red Charger!

chono

Jun 5, 2010
Midwest
JohnMarcson said:

I just hate seeing cars with red and blue lights flashing fast as possible, unsynced random patterns! Nice slow one color at a time seems way more effective

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
JohnMarcson said:
I'd use a combo of red, blue and white to the front and red, blue and amber to the rear.

+1 and like john said, keep chunks of each color together (as opposed to interweaved), so you get the red and blue, not the purple blob. any idea what lighting ur putting in it?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.