Colored lenses on a Whelen Slimlighter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

r1ms12

May 21, 2010
NCR
I have a slimlighter that I am thinking about slapping colored lenses onto for a higher profile look.

Has anyone done this before and if so, are the lenses identical to Dashking lenses? Anyone know how much they go for?

The Whelen manual lists the PN's for the different color lenses: http://www.whelen.com/install/137/13710.pdf

Same as Dash King lenses... same a Edge Duplex inner lenses...

r1ms12 said:
I have a slimlighter that I am thinking about slapping colored lenses onto for a higher profile look.

Has anyone done this before and if so, are the lenses identical to Dashking lenses? Anyone know how much they go for?

The Whelen manual lists the PN's for the different color lenses: http://www.whelen.com/install/137/13710.pdf

OMFG i never thought of that! I sooooooooo want a set of R/B lenses now!

Thanks to Keith K. for the lenses. While you obviously lose the fluted lens optics, this slimlighter is still plenty bright.

In case you are curious, this is what the finished product looks like:

ai52.tinypic.com_30mu6px.gif

no, i lost my memory card i had them on, they look good b/c the cover the whole lense area, doesnt overlap any housing like the slimlighter

My mind is wondering here...

If you reverse the lenses and put blue over red and red over blue would you get PURPLE?

Try it for us and take a picture, please.

Pimp said:
My mind is wondering here...

If you reverse the lenses and put blue over red and red over blue would you get PURPLE?

Try it for us and take a picture, please.

Nope, you'd get approximately nothing. A dim red glow through the blue lens, a dim blue glow through the red lens.

I've tried this idea with strobes... I've stacked a blue dashking lens under a red 9M lense... You could barely see the flash of the strobe...

*gravedig*

Does anyone know if colored lenses are made for the 5mm/Gen1 SlimLighter, and if so their availability & cost?

Oh and I know the conversation is two years old, but lenses (filters) filter light by exclusion, not inclusion. Putting an amber lens over a red light will not change the light at all. Likewise, if you take an MX7000, use all purple domes, and use red and blue filters over the lights themselves you will see no difference in color (well it may appear a little less bright depending on color saturation, but thats not an issue to be discussed in this exercise)

Ipuvaepe said:
*gravedig*

Does anyone know if colored lenses are made for the 5mm/Gen1 SlimLighter, and if so their availability & cost?

I believe the lenses are the exact same for the tir6 slimlighter as the gen1 style.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381