Com ports for lightbars/siren

bullfrog4ever

May 29, 2014
Indiana
Anybody have an idea when the com ports will start being used for the lightbars and the storm pro's?
I though I saw somewhere the lightbar was going to get the cable this quarter or next. I haven't heard anything for the storm pro though. This would be a nice feature to activate.

Also, if they do use them, how would we use both lightbar and siren. The 4200 only has one available Com port, as the 2nd port is for the factory. Thanks!!

em2436

Nov 26, 2014
NY
If I'm not mistaken you're referring to the rj45 jack that is used to plug into the 4200? I do know that when I opened up my bar it had a nice port sitting there waiting to be used and the documentation states that it is used to plug into the 4200 to be used in place of the standard trigger wires.

bullfrog4ever

May 29, 2014
Indiana
Yep, that's correct. They're pre-installed on the 4200, the lightbars and storm pro. but for some reason they seem to be dragging their feet on actually using them.

em2436

Nov 26, 2014
NY
I mean the literature makes it seem that you can use it just that you would have to use your own ethernet cable, which are very cheap to buy.

bullfrog4ever

May 29, 2014
Indiana
It would be nice if it was, but they'd still have to activate to ports for use on the 4200 as well to utilize it. Hopefully someday, lol

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.