Commonwealth Rescue Systems - 2014 Suburban

RDT Car 25

May 22, 2010
Milford, CT
I saw that this morning and cringed. Just a split fail overkill. Most of the side body lights are completely pointless since they are aimed skywards. I guess it might be good to mark an LZ. 

Reactions: Doug

paff2

Nov 30, 2010
Lancaster, PA
And then I see people on Facebook drooling over it and saying how sweet it is. [emoji85]

Somebody show those people a real install please. [emoji1]

Doug

May 23, 2010
Maryland
And then I see people on Facebook drooling over it and saying how sweet it is. [emoji85]

Somebody show those people a real install please. [emoji1]
I like the vehicle - the lettering and vehicle color isn't bad. But the lighting is absolutely horrible.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Vehicle color is the only thing I like about this!

GRAPHICS: I'm bittersweet about the black/yellow chevrons. I like the font but think the entire side of the vehicle should have a reflective stripe going across it

BLINKIES: flickering split fail, wayyy too many lights and redundancy (ie rear of roof lightbar, outer edge-type light, & Amber rear hatch stick). As for the scene lighting, I think its absurd to have more than the lightbar TD/alley lights and a pair of micro pioneer (or equivalent) lights on the PB on a shift commander/duty officer vehicle...It's a supervisor vehicle, not a light/air utility truck. If I were a resident there, I'd be pissed with the inordinate waste of money dropped, & I'm sure they dropped a few grand more on custom cabinetry & command equipment

Reactions: strobecrazy

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
 If I were a resident there, I'd be pissed with the inordinate waste of money dropped, & I'm sure they dropped a few grand more on custom cabinetry & command equipment
And if you were a resident there I'd lump you in with some of the ignorant people that just always jump to conclusions. We have people here who add things to cars out of their own dime. All we get is a lightbar.  Everything else we have locally we put on ourselves.  

Most agencies do not deck their vehicles out like this. While I hate this install, I'm not gonna bash the agency itself unless somewhere here knows it was all paid for by the agency.  But... as far as the install itself goes.. WTF!!!!  I guess as long as the person driving loves it... 

RescueWV

Dec 31, 2010
Central PA
Quick read shows that they're an all-volunteer rescue squad which is almost if not more common than volunteer fire departments in most of Virginia.  I'm guessing they get a pretty decent donation from James Madison University which has 20,000+ students in what I'd assume is their first due.

But wow, that truck is ugly.

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
It is interesting to read the difference in the comments on this site compared to the comments on the Facebook page. Split fail and terrible patterns are the rage on some of the Facebook

pages.

STOP

Apr 15, 2012
Indiana
That's it? I thought you said this had a lot of lights!?!

I kid!

I have a hard time with mounting lights on the body. Then again, it isn't mine. It is missing the HLF, which in my opinion is important for any emergency vehicle.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gasman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.